Yet ANOTHER best of - From Fear To Eternity

Again, I highly doubt it. That material isn't popular enough. It's already really surprising that they're making a compilation of that material.

My only complaint about the tracklist is that there's nothing new or unreleased.

I don't care what songs are on there really, I own all the Maiden albums and can play them whenever I want to.

Personally, i like many others own all Maiden albums, i will be buying this one to carry that on, plus i think it is a good mixture of songs. The news about a DVD release for this tour is good as well. With regards to Blaze not being on this album, well each opinion to their own, i think there are reasons for Blaze not being on this album, however in the cold light of day Blaze will always be the Maiden vocalist for those albums and those tracks, the same as Paul for the 1st 2 albums, they are both part of Maidens incredible story. Bruce is my favourite vocalist of all time and i do prefer some of his versions of Blaze and Paul era songs, but they are all part of Maidens journey. Sorry to run on, i dont normally run on, so forgive me this once :)

Took a few days to let this sink in before commenting.  Yes I will buy this, Then again I have wash clothes and Baby bibs with maiden on it.  I buy anything Maiden especially the albums/cds.  It is possible a tour will follow.  There is enough material there to put together a decent set list [with I.M the song and three classics on the encore.] 
  It is not going to go over like SBIT did, but I do view it as kind of a part two to SBIT.  The masses will enjoy a set list like this:

The wickerman
Benjamin Breege
Holy Smoke
Blood Brothers
Brave New World
Dance of Death
Bring your daughter {GAG}
El Dorado
Tailgunner
The Clansman
Be Quick or be dead
Fear of the Dark
Iron maiden

Run to the Hills
Revelations
Hallowed

Not TOO bad actually......

Outside of the song FOTD, there was nothing from No Prayer, FOTD, X-Factor, or VXI on that tour.

I almost think if they do tour for this, it will be a fairly quick tour like the Early Days tour.

That's another reason why it is unlikely. The just toured doing mostly 2000's material. A tour for this comp would probably feature about 5 90's songs. (not including FOTD) It just isn't worth the tour. (not to say I wouldn't enjoy seeing it)

It is possible that they are viewing this as a kind of part 2 following SBIT.  Again, only guessing.  I would much rather a new studio album arise summer of 2012 and a subsequent tour.  Great point that many recent album hits were played on that 1st leg of Final Frontier. I personally do not want that Fear to Eternity album toured either.  Much rather have heard the second leg of Final Frontier than what we got last year in North America, but hey, we take whatever Maiden we can get, and we love it!

bornless1 said:
we take whatever Maiden we can get
That's what I was thinking. I could care less about the set at the end of the day, I just like to see a good maiden show.

Looks like Rod has turned in to Joseph Stalin - who also tried to (cough) 'amend' history.

I suppose with Maiden its a bit like Black Sabbath, the only front man is Ozzy regardless of who's been in it.

What gets me is that the band and Bruce especially hail Blaze as part of the Maiden 'family' and in public say hes a geat guy. If you treated someone like this in your family it's someone you wish would just disappear. Which is probably what Maiden think.

Again, I don't think anyone is sure what label is publishing this. When Maiden left EMI they probably still had some contractual stuff, and this could be an EMI-pushed compilation over which the guys had no control. If so, they have to push it still (it's still their product) but I am still a little sad.

All that being said, every other compilation has been honest, so...

LooseCannon said:
When Maiden left EMI they probably still had some contractual stuff, and this could be an EMI-pushed compilation over which the guys had no control. If so, they have to push it still (it's still their product) but I am still a little sad.

Did I miss anything? When did they leave EMI?

It's sorta weird.

I think Iron Maiden Holdings publishes them in the World. UMG does them in North America. They were with Sanctuary, but got out before Sanctuary really died (of course, they were the founding group for Sanctuary)...EMI may be their distributor. UMG owns the Sanctuary rights now...

My Final Frontier CD has the EMI logo on it, and the credits read: "The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Iron Maiden LLP under exclusive license to EMI Records Ltd. All tracks administered by the Universal Music Publishing International MGB Limited. Lyrics reproduced by kind permission. (c) 2010 Iron Maiden LLP."

However, I speak better Romanian than Legal Speak, so I have no idea if this is in contradiction to what Loosey said or not.

Iron Maiden owns the music, and licenses it to EMI for distribution. The tracks are administered by Universal.

In other words, Universal picked EMI for distribution on behalf of Maiden.

Figure that out.

And before it was EMI who administered them under condition of a minimum number of albums?

Originally, but at the time, the administrating company was Sanctuary. By now, who knows how it looks like. UMG could be the one pushing the compilation, EMI could have it in their contract with UMG, or Iron Maiden LLC could have pushed it.

Back