Yet ANOTHER best of - From Fear To Eternity

Yes. Capitol is the U.S. (maybe other countries) division of EMI. But I think most American CD's just say EMI these days though.

Overlord said:
I suppose with Maiden its a bit like Black Sabbath, the only front man is Ozzy regardless of who's been in it.
I think there are a lot of people out there who think Paul's maiden was the best. That first album is a classic.

Perun said:
My Final Frontier CD has the EMI logo on it, and the credits read: "The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Iron Maiden LLP under exclusive license to EMI Records Ltd. All tracks administered by the Universal Music Publishing International MGB Limited. Lyrics reproduced by kind permission. (c) 2010 Iron Maiden LLP."

However, I speak better Romanian than Legal Speak, so I have no idea if this is in contradiction to what Loosey said or not.
Remember that there are two different copyrights: the song (kind of like the sheet music) and the sound recording.  You can record a cover version without the songwriter's permission, but you have to notify the clearing entities (ASCAP or BMI) and pay the pre-established royalty; you can't, however, distribute a sound recording without the copyright holder's consent.  Typically the entity that owns the sound recording is different than the entity that owns the song.  The copyright in the song is originally owned by the songwriter, who usually assigns or licenses the copyright to a publishing company.  The sound recording is usually owned by the record company, though in the case of hugely successful artists (like our boys) the artist sometimes owns the sound recording.    The copyright notice you quote indicates that Universal Music Publishing administers the copyrights in the songs themselves.  The sound recordings are owned by the band, who licensed them exclusively to EMI.  To make matters more confusing, the band has a distribution agreement with UMe (another Universal entity) for North American distribution. 

Stallion Duck said:
I think there are a lot of people out there who think Paul's maiden was the best. That first album is a classic.

No doubt about that, the first two albums get their agression in part to Paul's vocals and I cannot see anyone singing those songs better.  But to the mass public, Bruce is the Maiden vocalist and really next to Eddie, he is the "face" of Maiden as much as Steve (just basing this on all the interviews and public appearences he makes).

Well the singer usually is. Van Halen,Judas Priest, Queen, the list goes on. But the point was that not everyone sees Bruce as the only frontman.

Stallion Duck said:
Well the singer usually is. Van Halen,Judas Priest, Queen, the list goes on. But the point was that not everyone sees Bruce as the only frontman.

Certainly you are right, though I think as you expand past the more hard core fan base to the general rock/metal fanbase ... Bruce is seen as the voice of Maiden to the vast majority. In my mind, that does not dimish the contributions of Paul and Blaze to the band, it's just the way it is.

Maybe not to Paul, but certainly to Blaze. That is one of the biggest reasons why he is so hated.

The Clairvoyant said:
Sad news : there will not be any tour to support the best of "from fear to eternity"
I wouldn't lose hope on this one. Maybe he's not allowed to tell it yet...

Honestly I hope they will do another history tour based on the period 1988-1992...it would be great....
Indeed Adrian Smith said that this "best of : from fear to eternity" is for the new fans.

Anyway we don't must lose hope for another history tour pt.3 !!

Honestly I wouldn't want to see a From Fear to Eternity Tour. I just don't think it's their best material. I would still go because I love Maiden but I think they could do a way better tour than From Fear To Eternity. Maybe SBIT meets the 2000's tour.

So can anyone explain me what's the point of Maiden making their official History without almost 15 years (!!) ?

History 1 - Early days to POM
History 2 - Powerslave

Already covered this decade:

Dance of Death
A matter of life and death
Somewhere back in time world tour 

So what will happen to their "History"  between 1985 and 2000 ? nothing ? i don't think so. That would be very un-Maidenish, actually would be against anything i believe this band is all about: being honest. To them and to their fans...

Wait a minute, you'll have to wait for Maiden England and Donnington 1992. Maiden said they will release that and it would only make sense that a documentary would go with it. You'll just have to be patient.

hello new to this forum....HUGE maiden fan and im glad i found this forum cuz i too heard of this compilation........i think its great but theres two songs on there that i would replace with other songs....wanted to see your opinions....im not a big fan of HOLY SMOKE AND BRING YOUR DAUGHTER TO THE SLAUGHTER......it wouldve been better if they added NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING AND MOTHER RUSSIA.

mrpelon14 said:
hello new to this forum....HUGE maiden fan and im glad i found this forum cuz i too heard of this compilation........i think its great but theres two songs on there that i would replace with other songs....wanted to see your opinions....im not a big fan of HOLY SMOKE AND BRING YOUR DAUGHTER TO THE SLAUGHTER......it wouldve been better if they added NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING AND MOTHER RUSSIA.
I think most people on here would be happy with that change too! Welcome to the forum :)

Back