• Talk

• Open Your Eyes

• The Ladder

• Magnification

• Fly From Here

• Heaven & Earth

Results are only viewable after voting.
220px-Yes_-_Topographic_Drama_-_Live_Across_America_cover.jpg

Just received in mail! This is the first time Leaves of Green (the last few minutes from The Ancients [side 3 of TFTO]) has been released officially. Sadly also the first release by the band since Chris Squire's death but I must say, Billy Sherwood does him justice during the middle of Ritual! Cool to hear Drama played in its' entirety but it was really special to have seen The Revealing Science of God live and this captures it well.

Unfortunately, the credits don't tell which cities each song was recorded.

When I saw this tour, in place of Heart of the Sunrise, they played I've Seen All Good People and Siberian Khatru.

Makes sense to have him sing on it given the Drama connection, I might check it out.

Fly From Here is a solid album, highly recommended if you like Drama. Very much a spiritual successor in a lot of ways.

Listened to side 2 of TFTO, The Remembering (High the Memory). Musically probably 1 of the most boring songs in their catalog.

However I like the lyrics:

1. Jon actually sings the (partial) name of the song (rare for this lp)

"High the memory carry on"

2. This line foreshadows the song The Meeting on the ABWH lp

"The strength of the meeting lies with you"

3. This line is a reprise from side 1:

"They move fast, they tell me"

4. The way the word "Relayer" is used throughout the song foreshadows the name of the next lp.

5. Love this line:

"The strength of the moment lies with you"

6. This is the most well known line from the song:

"And I do think very well"

Yes (featuring Anderson, Rabin, & Wakeman) today released their first official release. It is a live lp called Live At the Apollo. I saw them back in November 2016 and this is the same set I saw (except they played The Meeting from the ABWH CD when I saw them; not on this live lp).

They arrange the songs, in some cases, to better showcase Rick's keyboards. For example, on the intro to Hold On, instead of drums, they use Rick's keyboards for a 30 second intro, which then goes into Trevor's familiar intro guitar lick (much to the crowd's happy reaction). Most especially this is obvious on Awaken, where Rick has a two minute keyboard intro, and then an extended (by about five minutes) keyboard solo in the middle of the song. The total playing time for the song (22:40) as opposed to the studio version (15:38).

Back in November 2017, Yes released the live Topographic Drama LP (I saw this tour as well). They are more faithful to the original tunes than ARW is. For example, both live LPs feature the song And You and I. The ARW version has a keyboard heavy intro as opposed to the Yes version which is Steve Howe on guitar only.

Vocal wise, obviously there is a huge age difference between the two Jon's (Anderson 73 & Davison 47). When comparing the same song (And You And I), Anderson still hits the high notes (with only a slight possible hint of not really strain, just wear and tear I guess) with Davison more clear and smooth. Both are enjoyable to hear.

Back