Yes/no Thinking Game

Do we need to know more information about the straw other than he lost a shortest straw contest and he died with it in his hand?

Did he commit suicide because of guilt?

Or from disgust at what he did?

Or another reason?

Did he commit suicide as a result of failing to do what he should have done by losing the shortest straw game?

Was he naked before he drew the straw?

Or during?

Was he naked before he felt suicidal?

Or did he undress during or just before his suicide?

Was anyone else involved in the shortest straw game naked?

Does it matter what sex the rest of the contestants were?

Did the shortest straw contest involve performing some sort of ritual associated with the group of contestants?

Do we need to know more information about the others involved other than what I have asked above?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Do we need to know more information about the straw other than he lost a shortest straw contest and he died with it in his hand?

Did he commit suicide because of guilt?

Or from disgust at what he did?

Or another reason?

Did he commit suicide as a result of failing to do what he should have done by losing the shortest straw game?

Was he naked before he drew the straw?

Or during?

Was he naked before he felt suicidal?

Or did he undress during or just before his suicide?

Was anyone else involved in the shortest straw game naked?

Does it matter what sex the rest of the contestants were?

Did the shortest straw contest involve performing some sort of ritual associated with the group of contestants?

Do we need to know more information about the others involved other than what I have asked above?[/quote]

No. No. No. Yes. No. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. No. No. Yes.

This sort of implies to me he was suicidal before he drew the straw, am I right?

Was anyone else in the group of others suicidal as well?

If so, was drawing the shortest straw meant he had to follow a certain way of committing suicide?

I'm going to give a clue. "Suicidal" isn't quite the right term.

Yes, the shortest straw meant he had to kill himelf in a certain way.

OK, here's what my sick mind makes of the story:

There was a group of people in a hot-air balloon. After a while, the balloon started to lose altitude, so they dropped some weight (sand bags, etc.). Unfortunately, the balloon kept going down and they ended up with nothing left to drop but their clothes, which they did. This, however, wasn't enough and, as a last resort, they had to pick one person to jump off the balloon and save the others. That's our fellow in the field.

Is this right or should I start writing novels and become the next Stephen King? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

You probably are right and if not, that was still quite amusing! And, yes, I think you should start writing your sick and twisted novels! I know I would read them! ::

I think you're spot on there Mav. There was me going through all this suicidal thing when in fact he just needed to kill himself to save the others.

[!--quoteo(post=132716:date=Mar 22 2006, 03:37 PM:name=LooseCannon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 22 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]132716[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--](Does he google?!)
[/quote]
Not at all. Like I said already: I simply use my brain. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=132718:date=Mar 22 2006, 12:32 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 22 2006, 12:32 PM) [snapback]132718[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Not at all. Like I said already: I simply use my brain. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Oh so that's the trick to it, no wonder I wasn't getting these [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

[!--quoteo(post=132758:date=Mar 23 2006, 01:45 AM:name=Wicker Man)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Wicker Man @ Mar 23 2006, 01:45 AM) [snapback]132758[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Oh so that's the trick to it, no wonder I wasn't getting these [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /][/quote]And imagine this: Some of us even used it and still didn't get these [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=132760:date=Mar 23 2006, 02:39 AM:name=slave to the power of death)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(slave to the power of death @ Mar 23 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]132760[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.
[/quote]

Is it an adjective like "angry" and "hungry"?

[!--quoteo(post=132760:date=Mar 23 2006, 01:39 AM:name=slave to the power of death)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(slave to the power of death @ Mar 23 2006, 01:39 AM) [snapback]132760[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]
I know this one and I did originally post the answer, but I edited it out as it is a bit early to give the game away!

[!--quoteo(post=132760:date=Mar 23 2006, 01:39 AM:name=slave to the power of death)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(slave to the power of death @ Mar 23 2006, 01:39 AM) [snapback]132760[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
There are only three words in the English language.
[/quote]
Whatchu on about son?

[!--quoteo(post=132776:date=Mar 23 2006, 11:50 AM:name=national acrobat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Mar 23 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]132776[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Whatchu on about son?
[/quote]

Obviously: Sex, Drugs Rock'n'Roll [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

From the rather ambiguous wording of the riddle, I would say the word is "language."

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Think of words ending in -GRY.[/quote]
This sentence is an imperative (command) sentence - you just tell us to think of woards meeting a specific condition.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Angry and hungry are two of them.[/quote]
This is a simple declaration. "hungry" and "angry" are indeed two of the English words which end in "gry."

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]There are only three words in the English language. [/quote]
This is utter nonsense - we know there are hundreds of thousands of words in the English language. In fact, it has the largest vocabularly of any widely-spoken major language today. Ergo, I am left to conclude that you mean to indicate that there are only three words in the phrase "the English language."
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
What is the third word?[/quote]
1. The 2. English 3. language
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The word is something that everyone uses every day.[/quote]
Most people, at least.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is[/quote].
Indeed you have.

Thanks for the spoiler Dukey, I would have been thinking of that for ages [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=132788:date=Mar 23 2006, 02:54 PM:name=national acrobat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Mar 23 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]132788[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ah, very clever!
[/quote]
I thought you had it when you only quoted the phrase "There are only three words in the English language." and then left a sarcastic remark. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Back