Wrathchild

How good is Wrathchild on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Wrathchild' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'wrathchild'

A great bass in the opening, very cool lyrics, one of the highlights of the album. On the other hand, they kind of overplayed this one live.

'wrathchild'

I have to agree with Uwe, it's overplayed to the maximum. It's a great song, but after hearing it a million times it tends to get a bit boring. 4 stars

'wrathchild'

Wrathchild is ok for me. It lacks more depth, sounds more like a filler although its existence can be tracked to the Metal For Muthas era…
Well, one thing is for sure, Dave's solo is great ! 3 stars

'wrathchild'

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Jan 24 2005, 12:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Jan 24 2005, 12:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have to agree with Uwe, it's overplayed to the maximum. It's a great song, but after hearing it a million times it tends to get a bit boring. 4 stars
[snapback]96689[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Although i agree with you that it is overplayed live, i think they overplay it for a reason. Everytime you hear this song which started it's recording life on the Metal For Muthas compilation, it changes and evolves every time it is played. There are not many Maiden songs that you hear that has something different in them everytime you hear them played on a different tour. But listen to every version you have got, and i bet you that there is something slightly changed in every version.
This is very rare for Maiden.

Daily Song: Wrathchild

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Wrathchild

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

What a killer. Thanks to the production on the first album, this is the first time you get hit with Harry's full bass. And you don't just get hit: you get fucking slammed by it, picked up, and tossed around. 9/10.

Re: Daily Song: Wrathchild

10. Classic, inovative, catchy, raw, aggressive, groovy. This is one song I never get sick of listening and seeing.

8/10. Great rhythm to the song. Great solo. Good vocals. A headbanging, sing along rocker.

Not just a total kickass rocker, but one of the earlier examples of Maiden lyrics matching the way the music makes you feel.
Aggressive, angry — that bass is f-ing relentless.
"I'm coming to get you" says it all. Good to great — an easy eight.

Hmm, this one is catchy alright, and it is fun to sing along to. I get tired of hearing it live, though. It's good but I fail to see how it is all that special. 6/10.

It's one of the better tracks on Killers, but considering the general quality of the album, that's not necessarily saying much.  It also wasn't that exciting live this summer, and I expected more of it.  I think it rather suits Paul's voice, though.  7/10

I give it an 8/10, there's just something fist pumping and raw about it...and it's great live.

Great song and great everything, but later gets a little repetitive. Can't give it a 10.

9/10.

I'll go along with those giving it an 8.  Not a masterpiece but a highly energetic, catchy tune.

7/10

Good song, some good solos, great bass. It fits Paul, but Bruce sings it very well too, I think.

One of the best songs from the Di-Anno era, in my opinion.

Back