Wrathchild 99

Feverdog

Trooper
HI does anyone know if its the original backing track with bruce just singing over the top or is it re-recorded

thanks

It's quite obviously a complete re-recording if you ask me.

It's only Bruce singing over the original recordings. Compare the versions, and see how similar (the same) it sounds.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Foro is right. It's something Bruce did as part of his audition in 1982. It was only released in 1999.

Well, this was still Bruce recording this stuff in 1999. His 1981 audition sounds different.
Check the "audition Wrathchild" here.
"Wrathchild 1999 new vocal version" -> here

Young and "old" Bruce.  :)

thanks for the replies i thought it was the old recording with new vocals but didnt think it was like maiden not to re- record it (kinda cheating dont you think )

No cheating. The text on the release said very respectfully:

Iron Maiden
Wratchchild

1999 NEW VOCAL VERSION
FEATURING BRUCE DICKINSON

The track is featured on the US version of Ed Hunter. It is the hidden bonus track and also received radio play. This track was not present in the initial US pressing of the game, but on runs that featured a sticker on the shrinkwrap stating that the track was included. See here:

B00001R3FZ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Disc one
1."Iron Maiden (Live)"
2."The Trooper"
3."The Number Of The Beast"
4."Wrathchild"
5."Futureal"
6."Fear Of The Dark"
7."Be Quick Or Be Dead"
8."2 Minutes To Midnight"
9."Man On The Edge"
10."Aces High"
11."The Evil That Men Do"
12."Wasted Years"
13."Powerslave"
14."Hallowed Be Thy Name"
15."Wrathchild (1999 Version)" - hidden track on the US version

Disc two
1."Run To The Hills"
2."The Clansman"
3."Phantom Of The Opera"
4."Killers"
5."Stranger In A Strange Land"
6."Tailgunner"

This:

Wrathchild-Promo-CD-USA.jpg

is the promo, probably for radio station distribution only.

I only know the song from internet.

You can very clearly hear Di'Anno's voice in the chorus, which is actually really cool if you ask me.  It's like having them both on a song.  :edmetal:

Actually, I remember someone on YouTube did make a version which has both on vocals, where they share lines! Like on The One You Love to Hate (Halford and Dickinson)

It was well done, but I can't find it.

I found a worse attempt where they both "do" Prowler. This is not good but still very funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNNVctpvAz0

On Wrathchild 99 you can also hear that Kevin Shirley has remixed it - the drums have that distinctive KS sound.  Makes you wish he could do something with the first album...

welcome to the forum! Even though you signed up before me...... I might have Ed Hunter. Gonna go look for it. Havn't heard that Wrathdhild Though

Wasted Beers said:
On Wrathchild 99 you can also hear that Kevin Shirley has remixed it - the drums have that distinctive KS sound.  Makes you wish he could do something with the first album...

You hear it, or you know it (and hear it)? I thought Kevin started working with Maiden in 2000.

KS has a very specific drum sound as pointed out in the DOTR documentary. I can believe that he heard it.

I want more information. Information!
:)

edit: Nevermind, Ed Hunter is on his website. Because I didn't know him back then, it certainly didn't ring a bell.
And I have never checked the booklet either, since I bought it.

Back