Worst metal albums of 2010

Murder89

Officer Friendly
Ahem..
I know it may sound weird but I'm trying to fill in a list about albums released in 2010.I'm having trouble filling in the worst albums of the year.
I have a couple in mind but I need more.So I want each one of you tell me 2-3(it's even better if you got a top-10 list  :D) really awful albums along with a few links to songs(on youtube) that you think they sound bad(just to check myself how bad they sound).
I'm not really looking for THE worst album of the year - I just need a few more albums for my list.

Thanks!  :D

Re: Worst metal albums of 2010!!

Yeah, big joke on TFF; sometimes I like to put my head on the block. Seriously, I am not enough into "new" metal to be able to contribute intelligibly to this discussion.

Korn - Korn III: Remember Who You Are
Bullet for My Valentine - Fever
Arsis - Starve for the Devil
Therion - Sitra Ahra
Ozzy Osbourne - Scream
Apocalyptica - 7th Symphony
Soulfly - Omen
The Ocean - Heliocentric
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
Darkthrone - Circle the Wagons

Well... there's ten bad albums :blink: Disappointed putting The Ocean and Arsis there since they've put out some really good releases last decade.

valacirca said:
Therion - Sitra Ahra
Ozzy Osbourne - Scream
Soulfly - Omen
The Ocean - Heliocentric

Well... there's ten bad albums :blink: Disappointed putting The Ocean and Arsis there since they've put out some really good releases last decade.

I disagree 110% with Apocalyptica being on that list, and I find your addition of Therion... curious. Apocalyptica's is really good, sure not their best, but FAR from a "bad album" Rage of Poseidon" fucking rocks, and their vocal tracks are pretty good, not a single weak track.

I haven't heard Therion's, but IMO they do put out stellar albums, followed by average/sub par work (I'm looking at you Gothic Kabbalah and Secret of the Runes!) So I won't rip you a new one for that one until I actually hear it :D

I heard 3 songs by BFMV, for some nostalgic reasons I like one of them.
One song by Soulfly, saw it in Die hard 4. It sucks now.
3 songs by A7X from Nightmare, it wasn't bad. I should listen to it.

Anywho, anything by Linkin park of other nu metal acts should be on that list.

i liked the new avenged sevenfold. In fact, i'd put it 2nd in my best albums list this year.(TFF being first, of course) and Ozzy's latest was his best since No More Tears (that can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.)

valacirca said:
Therion - Sitra Ahra
Ozzy Osbourne - Scream
Soulfly - Omen
The Ocean - Heliocentric

I liked Nightmare a lot, it's not A7X's best but it's pretty good.  Buried Alive is god awful though.

BFMV are metal and fever is imo way too over produced but it does have some really strong songs on it  :edmetal:

That list was much of a help.There is a couple of albums I don't consider to be bad but there are many ''strong'' options.
Just to let you know the albums I used in my final list are Darkthrone - Circle the Wagons and Arsis - Starve for the Devil.
Thanks again.  :ok:

Mega said:
Anywho, anything by Linkin park of other nu metal acts should be on that list.
I actually love LP because of Chester's amazing singing, but their last album sucked because Chester didn't do hardly any good singing on it.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I actually love LP because of Chester's amazing singing, but their last album sucked because Chester didn't do hardly any good singing on it.
  I love the first 2. Meteora will always be a favorite of mine, but after that they sucked.

I can't remember a really bad album from this year, because when I hear that an album has bad reviews I mostly skip it. I can remember boring albums, like new Atheist, Blind Guardian, Sabaton etc.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
If I hear metal guitars being played, then it's metal. So, BFMV=metal.

Define metal guitars. Loud and distorted guitar is also used in punk rock, for example. The same goes for high speed riffs (although they are generally quite simple in punk).

Back