Worst actors/actresses, films and TV shows

GuineaPig said:
Cage is a great actor.  He's just in debt up to his eyeballs and has to take really shitty roles.
I love Nicolas Cage... ONe of my favs. But I gotta say, he is kinda one-dimensional.

GuineaPig said:
Cage is a great actor.  He's just in debt up to his eyeballs and has to take really shitty roles.

Obviously I can only judge him by what I've seen, and not being familiar with his entire oeuvre, what would roles you say he's great in?
Perun said:
Nicolas Cage is an actor?  :huh:

:D Almost fell off my chair! :D

The worst "name" actor in an otherwise good film or show would have to be January Jones as Betty Draper in Mad Men.  Fabulous show, but she's darn near unwatchable, even if she is cute.  It's jarring, frankly, to juxtapose her wooden line delivery with the splendid performances by the other actors on that show.  Andie MacDowell is pretty damn bad, too. 

Among men, Keanu Reeves is pretty much the standard, though he was perfect for the Bill & Ted movies, and even the first Matrix movie, because those characters were SUPPOSED to have a bewildered, blank look on their faces. 

Oh, and Megan Fox is legitimately hot.  I've seen her in person.  Even if she weren't famous, if she walked into a bar every guy would stare at her -- including you, NP666.  (Cameron Diaz is another story -- quite fugly.  If you saw her in a bar and didn't know who she was, you'd have be drunk to even think twice about her.) 

I've seen the pictures of Cameron Diaz sans makeup. I'd still hit it, but that's because you go for women who think they're hotter than they are when you're pretty desperate.

national acrobat said:
Obviously I can only judge him by what I've seen, and not being familiar with his entire oeuvre, what would roles you say he's great in?

Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, Lord of War...

I mean, he's in a lot of bad movies, but he's almost always the highlight of said bad movie.

I rather like him as an actor, to be honest. Lord of War was simply, utterly fantastic.

Cornfed Hick said:
Among men, Keanu Reeves is pretty much the standard, though he was perfect for the Bill & Ted movies, and even the first Matrix movie, because those characters were SUPPOSED to have a bewildered, blank look on their faces. 

Whoa

Attachments

• whoa.jpg
    whoa.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 3
Worst actors/actresses
Hayden Christensen. A whiny emo with no charisma.

Worst films
-Death Proof. Two hours of some annoying bitches yapping some meaningless shit, plus a couple of minutes of driving. Wohoo.
-The Village. I just didn't get this one. Hard to believe this and The Sixth Sense were directed by the same guy.

Worst TV shows
99% of reality tv.

Here's a couple of movies i watched consecutively last night on tv up until 3 a.m.  and they were really bad:

I Am Legend, featuring Will "Saved-the-World" Smith. Interesting beginning, some philosophical sentences and a moving friendship with a dog, but the second half is only a typical b-movie of the catastrophe-living dead creatures type of thing. Waste of time.

The second one was about a skater who accidentally murders a a security guard and has a girlfriend who he broke up and the movie ends abruptly with him writing a letter to a new girlfriend about what he have done.  :wtf:  (Gus Van Sant's Paranoid Park).

:mad:

I Am Legend was a huge disappointment. It doesn't really capture the book at all.

Cornfed Hick said:

"A.I.? - you mean Artificial Intelligence?" - You would think a supposed pro-hacker wouldn't need to ask such a dumb question.
Thats all I ever think of whenever I see that film mentioned.

As for worst movie/actor(s)?
I'll let RazorFist's latest review say it all better than I ever could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Idrksk_55o

Back