Worst 3 consecutive songs

Public Enema Number One / Fates Warning / The Assassin
When Two Worlds Collide / The Educated Fool / Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
Run Silent Run Deep / Hooks in You / Bring Your Daughter ...to the Slaughter
The Ides of March / Wrathchild / Murders in the Rue Morgue

The Assassin, Run Silent Run Deep, BYDTTS.

Okay, RSRD is a song I like, but the other two ... no thanks! I can actually not think of three songs in a row that I would actually skip.

As runner-up take the already mentioned trio from Virtual XI.

Hey Jeff,

I am curious what you find so bad about those last two songs. Just wondering.

Both songs have some proggy parts, is that it maybe? For the rest, there are not really unoriginal or boring parts, imo. On the contrary, I find both challenging material. Really like Jan's solo in The Legacy by the way.

I am not going to criticize your opinion, I just want to speak about the material and our impressions.

So, shoot! :)

Jeffmetal said:
For The Greater Good Of God, Lord Of Light, The Legacy
It's kinda remarkable how there seems to be a relationship between some of our favorite and least favorite Maiden tunes, as these were my personal best three in a row. I recall Jeffmetal's praise of the Powerslave material, which was the album from which I picked my personal worst three in a row. Polar opposites, but opinion is opinion. At least we all agree on the fact that Iron Maiden rules... :edmetal:

Black_Thunder said:
Jeff, without a fucking doubt, you have the strangest taste in music I have ever seen (besides Prowler_108). :D

I don't know if it's age or wanting to please someone, but a Maiden fan who doesn't like Powerslave is eluding their self. Also, three songs would have to pay the price and so it was a triumvirate from the weakest Maiden album. Son, taste is like a butthole, but you've got a lot to discover and experience.

People are strange - I explained countless times why I think AMOLAD is, by very, very far, Maiden's weakest album. When I say why I think the album is crap, everone seems to get fed up. Go finding the threads where I talk about it, then, dude!!! :D :bigsmile:

Prowler_108 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
How would you say my taste is strange?

You like some (weak) songs pretty much. Your favorite Maiden song is Prowler (and that doesn't mean Prowler is a weak song...  :halo:), and your favorite Megadeth album is SFSGSW. That explains pretty much...  :p

Please, don't take that as an insult. I meant - your taste pretty much differs from everyone else'.

It's a very rare situation that when you walk down the street and meet a Maiden fan, he says that his favorite Maiden song is Prowler...  :innocent:

Jeffmetal said:
I don't know if it's age or wanting to please someone, but a Maiden fan who doesn't like Powerslave is eluding their self. Also, three songs would have to pay the price and so it was a triumvirate from the weakest Maiden album. Son, taste is like a butthole, but you've got a lot to discover and experience.

People are strange - I explained countless times why I think AMOLAD is, by very, very far, Maiden's weakest album. When I say why I think the album is crap, everone seems to get fed up. Go finding the threads where I talk about it, then, dude!!! :D :bigsmile:

That's OK.  :)
It was just strange to me for someone to hate that (pretty strong) pair IMO, when we have songs like TAATG, LSS, TEF & DLTTEOAS (all from VXI) - which is by far my least favorite Maiden album. Mainly because of the poor sound and production the band creates. There's no need to explain why I hate that album.

Jeff, I know you explained often your view on AMOLAD but the only thing I can find about Lord of Light and The Legacy is the following:

http://forum.maidenfans.com/http://foru ... 85#p260085
It's normal not liking it at first, like I did with AMOLAD (except for DW, BTATS, OOTS and TROBB which I loved right away), but on further listenings, I discovered how amazing is The Pilgrim, The Legacy, These Colours Don't Run and Lord Of Light had been shorted would've been really fantastics tracks, but they're very good anyhow, and others are just very bad arranged like FTGGOG (one of Maiden's lesser songs, alongside TAATG, BYDTTS) and TLD.

This doesn't sound that bad, does it?

And in another post you said that Lord of Light has one of the weakest choruses.
So I can see what you dislike about Lord of Light, but I honestly haven't found out what you dislike so much about The Legacy.

So, shoot.

Black_Thunder said:
You like some (weak) songs pretty much. Your favorite Maiden song is Prowler (and that doesn't mean Prowler is a weak song...  :halo:), and your favorite Megadeth album is SFSGSW. That explains pretty much...  :p

Please, don't take that as an insult. I meant - your taste pretty much differs from everyone else'.

So fucking what?

Black_Thunder said:
It's a very rare situation that when you walk down the street and meet a Maiden fan, he says that his favorite Maiden song is Prowler...  :innocent:

Black_Thunder, why don't you quit bullshitting so much. Your age is really showing in these kind of discussions. I am also curious why someone likes or dislikes a certain song, but I don't try to make his taste ridiculous.

Foro, for fuck's sake. I never meant to insult anyone. I didn't knew that expressing my thoughts is "bullshitting"...

I wouldn't tell you to quit bullshitting if you would ask me why I like/hate certain song.  -_-

And I never said his taste was ridiculous, I said his taste differs pretty much from everyone else' on this forum. There's nothing bad with that, isn't it?

To me it came across as you were trying to make his taste ridiculous, just like your remark about Jeff's taste.
More respect would be at its place. When I am amazed about your disliking for Better Than Raw, I express that amazement and tell you the aspects of the songs which are imo the strong ones.

I did not say you are the only Helloween fan who is like this.
I did not say you have the strangest taste I have ever seen.

That is the difference. A less childish approach would be appreciated.

Forostar said:
I express that amazement and tell you the aspects of the songs which are imo the strong ones.

And that's what I did. I was amazed at Jeff's pick of songs, and said that there are worse songs IMO. It's his opinion and I respect that.

There's no need to start a conflict.

Alright, I might have misinterpreted it. It felt you were making fun of it, but I'll believe you if that was not your intent of course.

Well, that shows the power of Maiden. The Legacy is pretty cool when it gets pace on the second half, but the vocals sound to me like that crap Hansi Kursch with those doubled harmonies, but the guitar duets and that harmony on the back makes up for the bad vocal arrangement.

DLTTEOAS, LST, TAATG aren't weak songs at all!!! They have poor vocal performances, but they are the seeds of the so beloved AMOLAD. It's time to clean the mind and start looking at things for what they are. The X Factor and Virtual XI are the blueprints for the 6 men line up musical adventures.

Back