Worst 3 consecutive songs

Unknown One

I see the ghost of navigators.
Like my other thread from a few months ago, this thread concerns consecutive songs, but this time it is the worst 3 instead of the best 3.

Somehow I think most people will be heading for The Fugitive / Chains of Misery / The Apparition route but personally, I think Run Silent Run Deep / Hooks in You / Bring Your Daughter rivals the Fear of the Dark trio. I'm also expecting a person or 2 to look at Quest For Fire / Sun and Steel / To Tame a Land (LC perhaps?  :innocent:  :bigsmile:).

Very interesting poll. I'll give it a thought.

Unknown One said:
Somehow I think most people will be heading for The Fugitive / Chains of Misery / The Apparition

I won't, I like The Fugitive a lot and The Apparition is pretty nice, too.

Farhang said:
The Fugitive, Chains Of Misery, The Apparition

Either this, or When Two Worlds Collide, The Educated Fool, Don't Look To The Eyes of A Stranger.

Don't get me wrong, The Educated Fool is a nice song, but the other two aren't.
And The Fugitive is good, CoM is listenable.

Almost the above Fear of the Dark trio, but I like Fugitive much more than Weekend Warrior.  So Chains of Misery, The Apparition, Weekend Warrior it is.  "Honorary mention" to Purgatory, Twilight Zone, Drifter.

Invader said:
Almost the above Fear of the Dark trio, but I like Fugitive much more than Weekend Warrior.  So Chains of Misery, The Apparition, Weekend Warrior it is.  "Honorary mention" to Purgatory, Twilight Zone, Drifter.

That trio isn't possible, because Judas Be My Guide is between The Apparition and Weekend Warrior. Also, I do agree that The Fugitive is better than Weekend Warrior .

We should get nominations (which have to be seconded) and slap a poll on this thread :D So far these are the only trios that have been mentioned and seconded:

The Fugitive >>> Chains of Misery >>> The Apparition
Purgatory >>> Twilight Zone >>> Drifter

(Of course, the inevitable "Best 3 Consecutive Songs" will also have to be done :p)

When Two Worlds Collide - The Educated Fool - Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

Weak aspects of the first two songs are some parts which are recycled. The first song features some annoying vocals, and the third has this dumb Muppet Show rhythm.

(more explanation to be found elsewhere on this forum, but I'll mention it again in the song rating/reviewing topics)

The Dance of Death album features some songs which are at least as bad, but these are constantly "saved" by a third track which I find pretty OK, good or awesome.

^ I almost went for the virtual xi one, but I enjoy TEF too much.
I'll go for what might be the controversial one from TFF;
TT, TMWWBK and WTWWB.
Simply because the latter two still haven't really convinced me at the moment.

desultory said:
TT, TMWWBK and WTWWB.
Simply because the latter two still haven't really convinced me at the moment.
good choice, if i could choose TMWWBK, WTWWB and the silence that follows id be with you all the way because theyre two of the three from the album that still havent grabbed me by the throat... however TT is included in my top three consecutive songs  :p
so ill go with a favourite, Purgatory - twilight zone - drifter

Hmmm... Flash of the Blade, The Duellists, and Back in the Village never get a lot of airplay in my world...

SinisterMinisterX said:
The first 3 from TFF. <ducks>

The Grammy-nominated El Dorado! Surely you jest!

I will be the minority opinion and state that the first three of TFF are easily the best 3 songs on that album.

(SMX edit: your stuff goes outside the quote tag, not inside. :p )

Public Enema Number One - Fates Warning - The Assassin
When Two Worlds Collide - The Educated Fool - Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

Back