World War I & II topic

The Nobel Peace Prize has lost its relevance within the last two decades. Why? Because it lost its focus. It used to be about honoring individuals for their achievements in helping towards making this world a bit more peaceful, and a bit better. Their recognition and exposure was meant for others to take as inspiration. The list of laureates ranges from the illustrious to the obscure, emphasising that anyone can make a difference, whatever the means.

Nowadays, it seems to be more about what the committee wishes someone would do. It's more like advance praise or encouragement to keep your promises. To me, it's an award that has lost all significance, just like the Oscars or the Grammies, and therefore, I can't be upset about who won or who didn't.

Never heard of Sendler, and sad that is the case.
Hers is one of the most heroic stories I've ever read.

I wonder if there will be a III added in this thread's name in the near future...

scared0016.gif

I feel like the only people who should be worried about NK are people living in South Korea.

Any nuclear weapon launched over any place with civilians (or military) should be considered a war against humanity and thus is a world war.

Really? North Korea is just posturing. Even if they have a nuclear weapon on a missile that works (and I'd be shocked if they do), they'll be able to make one, on the extreme outside two, allied cities go boom. Bye Tokyo, bye Honolulu. Within 72 hours the entire North Korean peninsula would be toast - the USA would unleash its powerful wrath. Not it's low-level wrath, the full-blown constant bombers wrath. World War II shit.

This is all just a show of force. It's what NK does to feel strong. And read my lips: Russia and China will not start a war with NATO over North Korea.

I agree with your whole post, but don't you think they'd hit Seoul first?

Ok, they wouldn't nuke Seoul. But it's still in great danger of being attacked, isn't it?

Really? North Korea is just posturing. Even if they have a nuclear weapon on a missile that works (and I'd be shocked if they do), they'll be able to make one, on the extreme outside two, allied cities go boom. Bye Tokyo, bye Honolulu. Within 72 hours the entire North Korean peninsula would be toast - the USA would unleash its powerful wrath. Not it's low-level wrath, the full-blown constant bombers wrath. World War II shit.

This is all just a show of force. It's what NK does to feel strong. And read my lips: Russia and China will not start a war with NATO over North Korea.

Yes, i know that.

The question is: can really North Korea launch one nuclear attack?

Yes.
I feel like the only people who should be worried about NK are people living in South Korea.
Better inform the Pentagon:

(CNN) -- The United States will deploy additional ground-based missile interceptors on the West Coast as part of efforts to enhance the nation's ability to defend itself from attack by North Korea, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Friday.

Still relatively new in his post, the Pentagon chief told reporters that 14 additional interceptors to be installed by 2017 would bring the total to 44. It is part of a package of steps expected to cost $1 billion, officials said.

"The reason that we are doing what we are doing and the reason we are advancing our program here for homeland security is to not take any chances, is to stay ahead of the threat and to assure any contingency," Hagel said. ...
More:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/15/us/north-korea-missile-defense/

The USA has to take the threat seriously, because sometimes Wile E. Coyote plans work in the real world. If North Korea attempts a nuclear strike, it'll probably fail. But it *could* work.

Back