World Cup of Maidenfans 2.0: the final

Which is the better artist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't voted yet, as I can't really decide...
The long route:
Just ask mckindog to give you "some" extra time and play all the guitar solos by both groups.

The short route:
Play this and suddenly it's way easier to decide:

The shorter than short route:
Play only 1.33 - 3.37 from this vid.

The ultra short route:
Play only 2.41 - 3.18 from this vid.

Last edited:
In the light of the Sabbath With/Without Ozzy arguments, I'd say that if 70s Priest didn't exist, my vote would easily go to Sabbath.

The short route:
Play this and suddenly it's way easier to decide:

The shorter than short route:
Play only 1.33 - 3.37 from this vid.

The ultra short route:
Play only 2.41 - 3.18 from this vid.

This sums it up. 2:41 - 3:18 is the best music ever created.

Bleh. Half the album alone is better than that song.

Is it at all related? Leicester has/had a club called Mosh, can't say I ever heard Priest/Sabbath/Maiden in there at all though.
Of course it's related:

Welcome.gif

I bet the club in Leicester called @Mosh plays loads of Prog though. :p

I bet the club in Leicester called @Mosh plays loads of Prog though. :p

From what I remember, I didn't know most of what was played (although this was when I was still only recently into Metal), I remember things like Disturbed, Pantera, Slayer, Trivium, generally things that were fast and heavy or shouty. Stuff that makes people moshpit basically >.> It was alright to go and sit and have a drink, better than any of the other clubs certainly. Upstairs played mostly Nu Metal type stuff, the basement occasionally had some classic rock and/or open mic.

Not an Iommi fan? The guy basically invented Heavy Metal guitar playing.

One of Iommi's best imo.

From what I remember, I didn't know most of what was played (although this was when I was still only recently into Metal), I remember things like Disturbed, Pantera, Slayer, Trivium, generally things that were fast and heavy or shouty. Stuff that makes people moshpit basically >.> It was alright to go and sit and have a drink, better than any of the other clubs certainly. Upstairs played mostly the basement occasionally had some classic rock and/or open mic.
Sounds a lot like every Rock club. All the popular stuff like Disturbed, Machine Head, Lamb of God and Slipknot.

Back