With which song Maiden should close their shows

I don't think they should have a standard set closer, Iron Maiden being last in the main set is a given so knowing exactly where another song is going to be takes away some of the element of surprise.

Also, I like how Maiden do encores. The amount of bands I go to see and can accurately predict every track from the encore before they play it. It doesn't take Columbo to figure it out, if they haven't played their 3 biggest hits yet then surprise surprise they are going to be in the encore. With Maiden there's been some weird stuff in the encore down through the years. Yes TNOTB, Hallowed and RTTH are played fairly often, but who would ever have guessed on Blood Brothers or Evil that Men Do or Moonchild! being in the encore.

The final song should have significantly more impact than a momentum killer like 'Blood Brothers'. As mentioned above, 'Wasted Years' and 'Run to the Hills' have been excellent closing songs. Both are upbeat and have big choruses which spark of an electric atmosphere in the venue. 'Run to the Hills' in particular builds to a climax at the final chorus.

I agree with all of the above. Another contender, for me, is The Number of the Beast.

I think this song works better earlier in the set (Beast On The Road, FOTD/ RLTour and of course GMETID). It is not dramatic enough for a definitive closer.
I tend to agree, however it works very well opening up the encore imo. On LOTB it kind of ruins the vibe when it's played after FOTD. FOTD + IM should always close the main set.

I don't think they should have a standard set closer, Iron Maiden being last in the main set is a given so knowing exactly where another song is going to be takes away some of the element of surprise.

Also, I like how Maiden do encores. The amount of bands I go to see and can accurately predict every track from the encore before they play it. It doesn't take Columbo to figure it out, if they haven't played their 3 biggest hits yet then surprise surprise they are going to be in the encore. With Maiden there's been some weird stuff in the encore down through the years. Yes TNOTB, Hallowed and RTTH are played fairly often, but who would ever have guessed on Blood Brothers or Evil that Men Do or Moonchild! being in the encore.

Journeyman was another big surprise too

Wasted Years feels like a pretty good choice to me. Can we make into a law that all Maiden gigs have to close with WY from now on? Any legal experts here?

To Tame a Land. Bruce could rile up the crowd one last time and then make a grand exit. The rest of the band could jam out for as long as they wanted.

Back