Drifter
Prowler
Sanctuary
Running Free
The Trooper
Run To The Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wasted Years

!*on Raising Hell concert (1993), the last song from the set was ''Iron Maiden'' / they also played I've Got The Fire (Montrose cover) as a last song only during headliners concerts in 1980 / and they closed all of their shows in 2001 (without RIR) with Out Of The Silent Planet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which song/s do you want to see to end their concerts on future tours ? Or which song you think would work well as a concert closer?

Last edited:
I want to see Empire Of The Clouds as a closer, (it would be epic) but sadly they probably will never play it live.
One song that would work well as a closer is ROTAM.

The best concert closers are Running Free, RTTH and HBTN IMO.

For their last ever show/tour (not that they're planning on doing one, as any one could be their last), I'd like to see Blood Brothers as a closer. I liked it as an encore song on the Book of Souls tour, very poignant, but didn't put a damper on things.

For their last ever show/tour (not that they're planning on doing one, as any one could be their last), I'd like to see Blood Brothers as a closer. I liked it as an encore song on the Book of Souls tour, very poignant, but didn't put a damper on things.
I agree with this. Wasted Years would be my other choice.

Empire Of The Clouds as a closer, (it would be epic) but sadly they probably will never play it live.
I hope you're wrong.

I'd like to see Blood Brothers as a closer
No thanks. It's so soppy and dull.

The final song should have significantly more impact than a momentum killer like 'Blood Brothers'. As mentioned above, 'Wasted Years' and 'Run to the Hills' have been excellent closing songs. Both are upbeat and have big choruses which spark of an electric atmosphere in the venue. 'Run to the Hills' in particular builds to a climax at the final chorus.

Wasted, RTTH or Hallowed.

Icarus could work, but it's a bitch to sing and I doubt Bruce would like to do it at the back end of the setlist.

Of the ones they've actually played as a closer, I think that Wasted Years is a very emotional and effective one. Obviously, Hallowed is a amazing closer too, but I wouldn't mind it being played a bit earlier in the set during the following tours. When it comes to more crowd-involving and playful stuff, I prefer Running Free over Sanctuary.

Of the songs they haven't yet closed with, but possibly and somewhat realistically could, I think that The Evil That Men Do would work pretty well.

Flight of Icarus was a popular speculated choice for a show closer during pre-LOTB setlist discussion/fantasizing and it would definitely be epic, but I think it might be a bit more dynamic when played earlier. Easier for Bruce and so on. The same goes for Trooper; I'd like if they moved it to the encores for future tours, but maybe not as far as to play it as a closer, as cool as it would be.

Back