Wintersun

ABOUT THE FOREST SEASONS ALBUM

This album is more primitive and organic than I normally like to do, but still modern, melodic, epic, bombastic yet also dark and dare I say even shocking and we love it! It is new and different, ´cause I don´t like doing the same thing over and over, but it's still very much a Wintersun album - although Wintersun can be anything, even techno/trance/pop... There are no limits with the music of Wintersun!

It is a longer album than TIME I running over 53 minutes and for once I´m 100% happy with the sounds and the production. The sound fits PERFECTLY for this album! This album actually sounds great in every sound system / speakers / headphones I've listened to it! If you are a Wintersun fan you won´t be disappointed! It has everything you would expect from a Wintersun album, that we can promise you! And if you're not a fan, you might like it anyway, because it has lot of variety and new dimensions to our sound and style.

'The Forest Seasons' album was something that I could do with my current resources, but it doesn't take anything away how great the album is. Because it is killer! And music isn't measured in money. Album costing hundred bucks or a million bucks can be equally good albums. (But the unfortunate thing is that certain albums can only be done with higher end production and then again some albums would sound like shit with a big budget production and vice versa, some albums would sound like shit with low budget production and some albums would sound killer with low budget production!)

The album has four epic and monumental songs, all very different, but still merging together perfectly like the season changes. Two of the songs, 'Awaken From The Dark Slumber (Spring)' and 'Eternal Darkness (Autumn)' are multipart songs like 'Starchild' and 'Sons of Winter and Stars'.

AWAKEN FROM THE DARK SLUMBER (SPRING)

'Awaken From The Dark Slumber (Spring)' is the starting track. It's a very energetic song illustrating the awakening of nature and it will build up to a big climax! (This song has this album's "killer riff"... forest style!)

THE FOREST THAT WEEPS (SUMMER)

'The Forest That Weeps (Summer)' is the summer song. It's atmospheric, melodic and rockin'! It's also enhanced with big choirs celebrating the end of summer, before the autumn darkness takes over.

ETERNAL DARKNESS (AUTUMN)

'Eternal Darkness (Autumn)' is the darkest Wintersun track to date! It paints a dark mood illustrating the Finnish autumn, when you hardly see any sun at all. But ultimately the song is about death... with a twist that some of the parts are written from death's point of view and how IT sees life... as a mistake in the universe. It's an epic and long four part song describing four phases of dying.

LONELINESS (WINTER)

I'm really proud of all the songs, but especially the last song called 'Loneliness (Winter)' is what I´m really proud of. I really hit it out of the ballpark with this one, even if I do say so myself. It's little like 'Silver Leaves' (on TIME II), but more sorrowful and darker song with really cold winterish vibe where as 'Silver Leaves' is more beautiful, oriental, atmospheric.

I really think that this is my first PERFECT ALBUM I've ever done. It all came together just right!

We sincerely hope you will support us by getting the new album from INDIEGOGO on March 1st, included in our crowdfunding package, the FOREST PACKAGE. This will help us to reach our goal which is to build the Wintersun Headquarters studio, completing TIME II once and for all and start making our future albums!

Thank you!

Jari & the Wintersun boys

Despite numerous complaints over the past month and even now in the FB comments, they already reached 25% of the goal, pretty sure they'll get to 100% and over this time tomorrow or even earlier :p

So the album has been released. All songs are out officially on YouTube even.

Jari made the whole album at home. As far as I know, other members didn't participate apart from the choir parts. It's highly impressive actually. However, there's a noticeable drop in quality drum-wise, because Kai Hahto really can't be topped by a drum machine. But other than that, the album sounds very very good. If he managed to make this at home, I can't wait to see what he'll do in a real studio unrestrained by the record label.

The Forest That Weeps and Loneliness are incredible songs. Maybe a tiny bit repetitive but still very enjoyable stuff. Loneliness might have Jari's best clean vocals to date actually.

The other 2 songs are also very good but are a bit less catchy and will need some time to click with me.

I’m listening to The forest that weeps now, damn it’s a very catchy track, love how about ten guys sounds like 40 during the chorus!

Have anyone heard the clip from the upcoming album(s)? Jari promises alot of new music on it’s way, but still nothing concrete other than a clip of a track called Warning.

I haven't heard about Wintersun for some 7 years or so and after I did some back reading on the situation since recently, I thought it was mostly just a meme by this point, with Jari turning into the musical equivalent of Pat Rothfuss - that is, a professional con artist from whom we'll never see anything else of worth.

Jari promises

I'll believe it when I hear it.

Ironically the last things Jari have been posting is lots of playthrough videos of Metallica songs tuned down like six times from the original. And take paid for on Patreon. Way to treat hour fans ::)

Ironically the last things Jari have been posting is lots of playthrough videos of Metallica songs tuned down like six times from the original. And take paid for on Patreon. Way to treat hour fans ::)

I admit that Pat Rothfuss' "I will release the first chapter of my book you've been waiting for for 10+ years which I keep insisting is totally written and I'm just editing and rewriting it if you donate money to my charity .... okay, if you donate more, I'll let it be read by actual voice actors" and then disappearing for two years, going back to being mostly just a professional Twitcher and now announcing instead a "brand new novella", which is mostly just a reworking of a short story he published back in 2014 is probably even worse, but the comparison still stands.

Well, it is like 12 years too late, but whatever…

Ironic that the live members are busy with Nightwish and Megadeth, so hope Jari continue writing the "four" other albums

Lol. I forgot that we were still waiting for Time II. The good news is that Wintersun is under the radar enough that it will probably still end up being good, as opposed to a lot of "long awaited" albums that often falling short of expectations.

Back