Wildest Dreams

How good is Wildest Dreams on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters

Prob a bit too high, but really like the opening riff and how it sets off... Chorus? Not good. Solo section? Great.

Never understood the slagging this song tends to get. It’s a solid, enjoyable rocker, and one of the better tracks from Dance Of Death, IMO. The chorus doesn’t blow the doors off, but it gets the job done.

Reactions: Yax
Dance of Death has always felt like Maiden's most varied and experimental release to me. "Wildest Dreams" isn't exactly deep, but from a band who just came from a resoundingly successful reunion album and tour, it's a cheerful celebration of the group being truly back in the game. It's a fun rocker and an enjoyable opening to an underrated album from them. The deeper stuff comes soon enough, but for now we've got one fun song and to rock out to, man.

Dance of Death has always felt like Maiden's most varied and experimental release to me. "Wildest Dreams" isn't exactly deep, but from a band who just came from a resoundingly successful reunion album and tour, it's a cheerful celebration of the group being truly back in the game. It's a fun rocker and an enjoyable opening to an underrated album from them. The deeper stuff comes soon enough, but for now we've got one fun song and to rock out to, man.
Dance of Death was the first album I 'waited' for. It came out at the end of the summer holidays and I remember the build up to the album as great with the GMETID tour. I remember watching the Rock AM Ring performance on MTV2!

Wildest Dreams always takes me back and I love the album. For me, it is probably my favourite Iron Maiden album. Not because the songs are all top drawer but because of the memories that I have of the time around he album's release.

I have also great memories of the period this album was released and the tour followed by it but to me this is the weakest album in their entire discography. Yes, I even rank the maligned and often despised but IMHO much more enyoable Virtual XI higher.

I think Dance of Death is a fun album, with a couple of excellent tracks as well. I got into Maiden in late 2003. My brother had somehow gotten Edward the Great and got me hooked on it. He then got Dance of Death for christmas and I still remember my brother interrupting one of my repeat ETG playthroughs by calling me into his room to listen to Pachendale.

Last edited:
Hi, I've reopened this song for voting, after resetting the votes.

Please add your vote for this song and consider the following tips:

• Try to be consistent across the Iron Maiden catalogue. Don't vote based on the place on the album, but the place in the overall catalogue.
  • 1 should be the worst Iron Maiden songs, 10 should be the best. You can have lots of 10s and 1s as you see fit.
  • Don't vote based on other people's votes. IE, if you think a song is overrated, don't give it a 1 or 2 just because you think it's getting "too high" of votes.

To me this is another underrated song, and an amazing opening.

A classic maiden song with power and energy that is not matched even by some classics.

10/10

Back