Wildest Dreams

How good is Wildest Dreams on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Wildest Dreams' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'wildest Dreams'

Excellent driving anthem! A catchy little number. More like the earlier Maiden albums than any other song I think. The solo/instrumental part is incredible. Other than that a slighty-above-average song.

'wildest Dreams'

[img src=\'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gorbeast/WildestDreams.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

'wildest Dreams'

did anyone else find the chorus to this and motley crue's home sweet home painfully similar?

still like the song though

Re: 'Wildest Dreams'

Average song overall, and one of their weakest openers.

Still, from the zero second of the song, you're awaiting for that H moment. If it weren't for his solo and his whole instrumental part, this song would be rather boring. It really pulled it out of the mediocre.

This song features one of the worst choruses of all Maiden songs (terrible vocal melody). 2/5

When I first heard this song I immediately thought "mediocre".  After giving it a few more listens I said to my brother who was in the room with me "the opening song is OK, but not nearly as good as The Wickerman".  I like it more now and have gotten into it.  However, I can still tell that despite all the enthusiams Bruce tries to put into it, he just does not have that spark like in other openers of the era.  I like the guitars and the speed.

I'm going to tell you right now, I just finished college and today was my day with my family partying up celebrating the whole process of finishing up what is essentially the last piece of something that might be considered childhood by societal standards.

Let me tell you, this is my fucking jam right now.

Daily Song: Wildest Dreams

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Wildest Dreams

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

Well, this is certainly a song. It's not very long, and not very interesting. It seems bog standard in a boring way; more akin to Tailgunner than The Wicker Man or Aces High. 5/10.

Re: Daily Song: Wildest Dreams

A very uplifting piece of music. I like the chorus and the mid-section, and it certainly is a good song live. Still, overall it's not really special and the weakest opener after Invaders. A high 5.

A very good opener but not that great as a stand alone track. The solo is amazing. It isn't the worst opener, but it certainly isn't the best. 6/10

I like the melody of the quiet middle section "I'm gonna break away..." and then the ensuing instrumental part is pretty cool. Bonus for the brevity, but minus for the terrible lyrics. I'm gonna give this a 4.

The worst Maiden opener on the worst album with H and/or Bruce
(or even the worst album of all albums, not sure yet).

I was quite shocked by the chorus when it came out, and now I slowly can stand it a bit better. The solo is pretty ok and I find live versions of this song more entertaining.

One of Maiden's worst openers - I think that only Tailgunner and The Ides Of March are worse.

P.S. @Forostar, I'll give my rating later ;)

NightProwler666 said:
One of Maiden's worst openers - I think that only Tailgunner and The Ides Of March are worse.

P.S. @Forostar, I'll give my rating later ;)

Interesting, it's good to vote carefully. :)

Well, I saw that I rated some songs too quickly and inconsistently. For example, I gave 7 to 22AA, and 8 to Sun & Steel, even though I like 22AA better. So I wrote down all the songs on a paper and I'm currently rating them again.

Back