Which three reunion tours you personally consider their most interesting ones?

Which three reunion tours were the most intertesting so far?

• Ed Huntour 1999

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Brave New World 2000/01

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Give Me Ed Til I'm Dead 2003

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Dance Of Dead 2003/04

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Eddie Rips Up The World 2005

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death 2006/07

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Somewhere Back In Time 2008/09

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • The Final Frontier 2010/11

• Maiden England 2012-2014

• The Book Of Souls 2016/17

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Legacy Of The Beast 2018 - 2022

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Which three reunion tours were the most intertesting so far for you personally? No matter if you saw that tour or not. Could be about anything - in terms of the setlist, stage design, whatever. So which one would you have liked to see most? A bit of explanation about your choices would be nice.

Ed Huntour 1999
Somewhere Back In Time2008/09
Maiden England 2012-2014
The Book Of Souls 2016/17
Legacy Of The Beast 2018-2022

A Matter of Life and Death - playing full album
Ed Huntour - first with the return of Bruce and Adrian and the first with 3 guitars
Eddie Rips up the World - Lots of rare once off tracks

• Eddie Rips Up The World for hauling out early rarities
  • AMOLAD 2006 for playing the new album in its entirety
  • Legacy Of The Beast for its theatricality and themed set list

*I have a feeling The Future Past tour will be in my list. Every album tour is interesting.

Brave New World (2000-2002) - because it's my favorite album.
A Matter Of Life And Death (2006) - because they played the whole great album live.
Legacy Of The Beast (2018-2022) - because of the theatrics, the stage set & props and the great setlist.

An amazing tour like The Book Of Souls would have been in the list if it wasn't for the 2006 tour. Dance Of Death tour is on close second too.

- Reunion in 1999 What could be better than having Bruce and Adrian back in the band? A tour playing some of the band’s best songs!
- A Matter of Life and Death 2006 tour for playing their best post-reunion album (an all time top 5 from the band for me) in its entirety.
- Somewhere Back in Time 2008 tour for recreating the magic of Live After Death with some additional surprises thrown in for good measure.

I would have added the Legacy of the Beast 2018/19 tour to the list if I had been asked to vote for a fourth tour. Main reason? Flight of Icarus!

Last edited:
Most of these are pretty interesting in their own ways, but I'll pick:

Brave New World, 'cause it's my favourite album.
AMOLAD for making the bold choice to play a brand-new album live in its entirety. This is the tour I most wish I'd seen, having not become a fan until three years later.
Somewhere Back in Time for proving that the band were defying age and could play those songs better than they did 20 years prior.

I'll give an honourable mention to the the Final Frontier tour: The first leg for packing the setlist with 21st-century material, which was another bold move, especially after some of the less-than-positive responses to the previous album tour, and the second leg for proving just how strong that album's music actually is, which I don't find comes across well on the studio recordings.

I'll give an honourable mention to the the Final Frontier tour: The first leg for packing the setlist with 21st-century material, which was another bold move, especially after some of the less-than-positive responses to the previous album tour, and the second leg for proving just how strong that album's music actually is, which I don't find comes across well on the studio recordings.
The things around the album release were strange IMHO, it just didn't get much attention at all. Btw it's actually my favourite of the reunion albums. It came out and was forgotten very soon. At least that's how I remember the release of TFF.

The things around the album release were strange IMHO, it just didn't get much attention at all. Btw it's actually my favourite of the reunion albums. It came out and was forgotten very soon. At least that's how I remember the release of TFF.
This was because of the theme of the 2010 tour. They played only 1 new song (the situation in 2003 was a bit different). But the promotional campaign for the album was good and noticeable, iirc?
I feel like some TFF representation would fit very will with The Future Past tour's theme, even if it's only the title track.
''Out Of The Silent Planet'' too. :)

My top three Maiden shows are Oslo 2008, Tallinn 2018 and Helsinki first night 2018, so choosing SBIT and LOTB as the most interesting tours is tempting. I do think Early Days and AMOLAD deserve mentions due to the setlists.

So maybe Early Days, AMOLAD and LOTB? Difficult choice.

Eddie Rips Up, SBIT and LOTB.

AMLOAD is close 4th and would be in there if FOTD was dropped that year.

We have lost our minds when it comes to the theme of the Future Past tour. The theme isn’t the future and the past, the theme is Somewhere in Time and Senjutsu.
Of course, we know that, but it's still fun to play with ideas. Also, I might add this example - Book of Souls tour was about Book of Souls album, but Maiden added Powerslave because it fitted with pyramids stage theme.

1. GMETID tour. Such a wacky setlist and I love it!
2. Early Days. My first tour and a great selection of rarities
3. LOTB 18-19. Probably their best setlist ever.

Interesting?

Eddie Rips Up the World - Setlist with only pre-Powerslave songs? Ballsy.
A Matter of Life and Death 2006 - Going forth and playing their brand new album in full? Enough said.
The Final Frontier 2010 - Really bold choice in focusing predominantly on Reunion era material.

Book of Souls because it was the first tour since Bruce's recovery. I think everyone was waiting to hear what that sounded like. Ed Hunter Tour because it's the "reunion" tour, and AMOLAD for playing the full album.

Most interesting? Hmm...probably:
2006 Matter of Life and Death with whole album played
2010 pre-Final Frontier tour which was a "post 2000s greatest hits."
2003 Gimme Ed Until I Pass Away

Back