Which songs should be played live?

No frickin "iron maiden" the song. please. you guys complain about NOTB and RTH but I.M the song every time makes me the most pissed.  I know its the bands namesake. duh.  Give me this entire album, with Infinite Dreams, Breeg, Flight of Icarus and Hallowed..YEAH! Bring Eddie out during Breeg.  Then I.D, Flight, and Hallowed as the encore!!

Well, I think IM is mandatory only if it serves for a gigantic Eddie arrival. Plus, it is a very short song so I don't mind.

Bring Eddie out during Breeg or Infinite dreams.  I.M the song has been wasting space forever.  Coming Home live is going to be life changing.  And how about Satelite 15 thundering through the dark arena for 4+minutes pumping up the adrenaline for the explosion of lights and sound of Final Frontier!?  Holy crap mates..this is going to be off the charts!!  

bornless1 said:
Bring Eddie out during Breeg or Infinite dreams.  I.M the song has been wasting space forever.  Coming Home live is going to be life changing.  And how about Satelite 15 thundering through the dark arena for 4+minutes pumping up the adrenaline for the explosion of lights and sound of Final Frontier!?  Holy crap mates..this is going to be of the charts!! 

You can't bring Eddie out during Breeg or ID. That's just not right, dude.  B)

LordMaiden said:
You can't bring Eddie out during Breeg or ID. That's just not right, dude.  B)

If you have a giant Eddie for Iron Maiden, stilt Eddie would be appropriate for Breeg. Not ID though, as we all know The Evil That Men Do is the stilt Eddie song of that album :p

This is the way I see it...at least IM gives Janick a chance to do nutty things with his guitar because you really don't need three guitarists for it anyway.
Cap Maronis said:
If you have a giant Eddie for Iron Maiden, stilt Eddie would be appropriate for Breeg. Not ID though, as we all know The Evil That Men Do is the stilt Eddie song of that album :p

Now you're on to something....

I'm curious to see if they actually play satellite 15, or if it will only be used as an introduction played through the PA to start the show. I personally would love to see the band play it live.

I agree it would be cool, but there's no way, since it's pretty clear this is how they're going to start their shows for a while, that they're going to play it.
They'll probably just slap it over the 2001 theme intro and use the same video feed.

I've got The Man who would be king on the headphones right now...WOW.. it get's better every time man. I love the "Understand...No good to run away!!" part!  very different and cool!!  Should also rock live!! Give me this whole album a la AMOLAD PLEASE!!

bornless1 said:
No frickin "iron maiden" the song. please. you guys complain about NOTB and RTH but I.M the song every time makes me the most pissed.  I know its the bands namesake. duh.  Give me this entire album, with Infinite Dreams, Breeg, Flight of Icarus and Hallowed..YEAH! Bring Eddie out during Breeg.  Then I.D, Flight, and Hallowed as the encore!!
IM really doesn't even improve live very much...

I always get surprised when people doesn't want "Iron Maiden" to be played live. It's always been the song they "finish" their gigs with.

Poto said:
I always get surprised when people doesn't want "Iron Maiden" to be played live. It's always been the song they "finish" their gigs with.

Not to mention the fact that they've been ending their shows with it for nearly 35 years now.  Chances of them dropping it?  Absolutely zero.

I'm fine with Iron Maiden being played, It's a fun song live, it is also a tradtion .. luckily they do not hold onto too many set-list traditions and play the same show over and over.  I think this one can stay.  YOu end up spending half the song seeing what Eddie looks like anyway, they could be playing Pop Goes the Weasel the last 2 minutes and half they place would not notice it.

Donner said:
Not to mention the fact that they've been ending their shows with it for nearly 35 years now.  Chances of them dropping it?  Absolutely zero.

Yeah, I know. That's what I said.

Back