Which songs should be played live?

Prowler_108 said:
That might work better, but it's maybe my least favorite song of the last four albums, so I wouldn't really want to see it.
including pieces of crap like GOT?

I actually like Wildest Dreams. I guess I could agree with you if we're just talking last 2 albums

Prowler_108 said:
That might work better, but it's maybe my least favorite song of the last four albums, so I wouldn't really want to see it.

Seriously? I love it. I rank this song around the 5th place of the album (or 4th but not 6th). Best parts for me are:

1. The beginning (one of the best beginnings of Maiden songs in many a year!), where these clean guitars melt so nicely, and Bruce sings really good on it.

2. The bridge (the part between the first chorus and the solo).
Great powerful and dark chords -almost Sabbath-like- and intriguing lyrics.

I think we will get,

Final Frontier, El Dorado, Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home, Starblind and the Talisman

I would be happy with that but then again i would be happy just to be there whatever was played.

Forostar said:
Seriously? I love it. I rank this song around the 5th place of the album (or 4th but not 6th). Best parts for me are:

1. The beginning (one of the best beginnings of Maiden songs in many a year!), where these clean guitars melt so nicely, and Bruce sings really good on it.

2. The bridge (the part between the first chorus and the solo).
Great powerful and dark chords -almost Sabbath-like- and intriguing lyrics.
I take back what I said, the Dance of Death songs I mentioned are much worse.  The things I dislike about the song are Bruce's singing, which seems a little shrill and grates on my nerves a little, and I just get bored by the song.  Great intro though.

Here's my two cents worth... The Final Frontier
                                      El Dorado
                                      Coming Home
                                      The Alchemist
                                      Starblind
                                      When the Wild Wind Blows

I'd love to see The Man Who Would Be King live, but won't hold out hope...

Bruce said on an interview for the Chilean press that the new DVD will be filmed in Santiago :edmetal:; there'll be 2 or 3 new songs on the set and it'll be very different from the summer tour set list.

Jeffmetal said:
Bruce said on an interview for the Chilean press that the new DVD will be filmed in Santiago :edmetal:; there'll be 2 or 3 new songs on the set and it'll be very different from the summer tour set list.

Is there a link for this interview for the rest of us?

Damn it. On the other hand, new Maiden dvd is great, but I am very disappointed by the amount of songs. There's absolutely no chance of you're mistaking what he said?

I find it hard to believe Maiden will play less than 5 new songs.

The last time this happened was during the last leg of Somewhere in Time back in 87...I think.

This band enjoys playing its new material.

Speaking of...if been playing guitar to Starblind recently, based upon tab on the net, and the song seems straightforward, solos aside. Therefore Maiden may play this one. I really think at this point in their careers they will play the songs they enjoy playing.

So from TFF it will be:

S15....TFF
El Dorado
Coming Home
Starblind
The Talisman
When The Wild Wind Blows

Plus
TROBB
TCDR
BNW

Iron Maiden
Hallowed be the Name
Fear of the Dark
Number of the Beast
The Trooper
The Evil That Men Do
2 Minutes To midnight

...and I would be very happy with this.

It caters to Indonesians and Singaporians and the Europeans.

heck ill be the happiest man alive if they play;
Sat15...TFF  (even more happy if they play sat15 rather than PA it)
El dorado      (played on the last tour + its just gunna happen)
Coming home  (just wow!  :lol:)
then theres avalon, talisman and starblind which i really cant seperate atall...
hearing them all would be amazing and together they form the best mid section to an album ever  :blink:
oh and WTWWB, im thinking thisonewould be best suited just in there before iron maiden at the end 

Either way this will be one hell of a show

OK, in no particular order:
Starblind
Mother of Mercy
Coming Home
When the Wild Wind Blows
Isle of Avalon
Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
The Man Who Would Be King
The Talisman
The Alchemist
...and maybe El Dorado

I'd probably not care in the least if the rest weren't played live.  B)

I guess if I had to pick only 4, I'd pick:
Starblind
Mother of Mercy
Coming Home
(toss up) When the Wild Wind Blows/Isle of Avalon

Back