Which is your favourite city?

Not my favourite, but I like Marseille. It's a very dark place but with mediterranean feel to it. When in Marseille it always feels like being into some 1973 B-movie. Cool.

Montreal. It's a great city for metal, a great city to get drunk in. It has everything you need, from a hockey club to a F1 course.

I really liked Budapest, went there twice this year.
Such a cool city to walk around, interesting history, great restaurants, and a cool craft beer scene. Plus it helps that the prices are so cheap for a Finn:D And the thermal spas - a perfect way to start your day if you've had a beer or twelve the night before.

Virginia Beach. It’s where I live and I don’t travel.
Not even across the bridge to my home peninsula? For shame, man!

My favorite city is probably Freiberg, but that’s just down to the fact that I haven’t been to that many cities. Unless you also count local towns, of which the Eastern Shore has plenty.

Which is your favourite city?
Not my favourite, but I like Marseille.

Dick, you have a tendency not to reply to your own questions. :p

Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
Most easy-going city that I've ever been, it only took me 3 months to build a big cycle of friends and had an absolute blast during my time there. So many things to love: Industrial feel, hidden streets & corners, many temples, girls, bars, night markets. In less than 2 hours you can be in the cleanest waters, in hot springs or mountains. In half an hour you can climb the monkey mountain and see ...monkeys. Too many cyclists, runners and iron men competitors.

My favorite cities (the ones I've visited once or more times) are :

- Prague, because of its history, ambiance and beer.
- Vienna, because of its history, ambiance and sachertorte/coffee/hot chocolate.
- Imst, because of the wonderful alpine landscapes of Tyrol.
- Geneva, because of its history, ambiance and lake (+ great watches).
- Firenze and Pisa, because of their history, ambiance and pizzas (+ pastas).
- Marseille, because of its history, ambiance and bouillabaisse.

And some others that are less famous and that are related to my own family history.

Not even across the bridge to my home peninsula? For shame, man!

My favorite city is probably Freiberg, but that’s just down to the fact that I haven’t been to that many cities. Unless you also count local towns, of which the Eastern Shore has plenty.
I've driven to/through the peninsula a couple times on my way to NY. Twice in the last 4 months in fact!

I've driven to/through the peninsula a couple times on my way to NY. Twice in the last 4 months in fact!
And never stopped by? We’ve got some wonderful nooks and crannies I can show you if you ever wanna hit me up.

I wouldn't say I have a favorite however I very much enjoyed these two:
Florence, Italy: Great walking town with so much art and history in such a compact area. Great food everywhere, the Duomo is magnificent.
Cartagena, Colombia: Boca Grande district has great hotels and the beach. Historic city center has, well, history and great night life. Excellent food from all over the world available throughout.

I was supposed to be staying in Lisbon & Porto in Portugal this month but needed to cancel for family matters. Still on my wish list.

For the United States, Chicago is pretty tough to beat. It's got amazing food, bars, parks, museums, scenery, and it's an obvious stop for almost every concert tour regardless of the genre.

Also Galway is pure joy.

Back