Which Iron Maiden album would you like to see performed live in its entirety?

Choose one album:

• Somewhere In Time

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Killers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

• Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Dance Of Death

• A Matter Of Life & Death

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 12 9.2%

• Total voters
Cosmiceddie said:
'Brave New World'! It would be simply awesome if they played my favourite album of all time in its entirety. The mere thought of seeing and hearing 'The Nomad' and 'The Thin Line Between Love And Hate' live makes me freak out.

Which is why I choose Brave New World as well

Forostar said:
Can't judge it, I am not aware of good Aerosmith albums,

Same here, and I've heard them all...

I'm with SMX and Foro on this one. That fad of bands playing their classic albums in their entirety is annoying as hell, a poor cash-in that turns them into cabaret acts. It's like saying those beer-bellied, double-chinned sex-deprived old codgers with their long, fading hair that makes them look like clowns past expiry date are right and their supposed favourite band hasn't delivered a good album since 1983. If you want to do a tour focussing on "classic" material, fine, but give us some variation, some surprises and all that. And do it for nostalgia's sake like Maiden or Heaven and Hell, in between new albums. There is a reason why a band like Maiden keeps drawing young people to their gigs and a band like Saxon has an audience where I push down the average age. They remain relevant because they keep making new music and keep promoting it. Unlike Saxon who chicken out by playing one new song on their tour and offering the audience to choose between them playing another new one or 747 (Strangers in the Night), Maiden just go out and say: "This is our music. Love it or leave it. No to Play Classics!"

/rant
Forostar said:
I'd do the dishes of all members of this forum, for the duration of a year.
I'd clean the toilets of all members of this forum, for the duration of a year.

I'll call them.

Well, they did with AMOLAD, but I'd rather have heard Seventh Son in its entirety. The fact that The Prophecy and Only The Good Die Young have never seen stage action is just sad.

Other way around would be more suitable I think. Aces High would make a better opener than CSIT and ATG would make a better closer than ROTAM.

Good point. How awesome though. I think back in the village would rock mid set. And to open the encore with the bassline of SIASL would just kill. And to have eddie come onstage during Loneliness...whoa!

BNW?

Maiden did many of those tracks on various tours, and 6 from this album are even on official live DVD('s), released in the previous decade.

If they were to do this again it would have to be one of the 80s albums with 8 or 9 songs. The post-2000 albums are all too long. (I do think the AMOLAD set lost a bit momentum after the first 45 minutes). 75 minutes with songs from one album would kill the momentum in the set. Maybe breaking it up with some live classic like NOTB, Wasted Years or TETMD in the middle could work.

However, I think they shouldn't do it again.

Cosmiceddie said:
'Brave New World'! It would be simply awesome if they played my favourite album of all time in its entirety. The mere thought of seeing and hearing 'The Nomad' and 'The Thin Line Between Love And Hate' live makes me freak out.

^ This.

SIT.
Apart from being one of my favourite albums, this era is too poorly covered by bootlegs or official live versions of songs.A live show and album with the sound of today would just kill.

My first thought on this question would be to answer SIT, it is the most popular choice on this poll so far and it would be a big hit with me also. Now having said that, I thought about it a while and have arrived at the conclusion that I would happily listen to a whole performance of TFF on the current tour.... and why the hell not?, I have the tickets, I'm going to the show and I am really fond of the TFF... they could include 8 or so other tracks into the setlist such as, The Trooper, Run to The Hills, Fear Of The Dark, Number Of The Beast, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Paschendale, The Nomad, The Clairvoyant. If the truth be known I'm just glad to see them play live... whatever the set list.

Has to be SSOASS. Purely because it's one of those albums that was designed to be listened to all the way through  :D

AMOLAD. The tour that they did play it in it's entirety never reached my corner of the planet. Pisser.

No Prayer For the Dying for 2 reasons:
It would just be so different and unexpected and it would be pretty interesting to see what Adrian could bring to the table.

TFF
not to be disrespectful of the tour weve got but i think only playing the full thing would do it justice (and garauntee starblind)
ok maybe we could spare the alchemist  ::)

Back