Where to find original EMI pressings?

nuno_c

A hollow universe in space
I've been wanting to hear them for a while now, and also tempted to buy them and replace my 98 versions...

Does anyone know where to find them online for sale? I've already found some, but they're a bit costy, do you know the best place(s) to find them?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Official Moderator Warning:
Do not post links to torrents, or discuss where to find them, on Maidenfans. Those who do so will be banned.

Having said that, we'll leave the thread open, in case someone knows a legal way to hear these.

Official Moderator Warning:
Do not post links to torrents, or discuss where to find them, on Maidenfans. Those who do so will be banned.

Having said that, we'll leave the thread open, in case someone knows a legal way to hear these.

Sorry, did not know about that rule :facepalm: I'd prefer you close it then, i don't want to get/start problems for anyone

You're fine, @nuno_c. We don't hold any blame for asking a question. The warning was for anyone thinking about answering your question the wrong way.
Ok, cool. But i'll edit my inital question anyway, since i was asking two questions at once and one of them was more important than the other. I also respect this forum and really hope to keep it under the rules as far as my actions go ;)

The only site I know is Ebay. I also want to buy the original pressings and replace my 98 versions, but it's really expensive for me to buy on foreign websites.

If I were you, nuno c, I would go for the UK 1995 bonus cd versions. They're a bit expensive but are from original masters and have all relevant b-sides as well.
Well worth the price of admission I think.
As to where to find them, ebay has been mentioned, it may take some patience to collect all though.

I've had a lot of luck with local record stores, especially those that deal only in used merch.

A lot of times the EMI pressings are cheaper than the remasters because of the lack of "bonus content". I've snagged copies of every album from Killers thru FOTD, as well as LAD and Live/Dead One, total amount I've spent is probably less than $70 usd. It takes perseverance and patience but it's worth it not to pay inflated prices on ebay.

I've had a lot of luck with local record stores, especially those that deal only in used merch.

A lot of times the EMI pressings are cheaper than the remasters because of the lack of "bonus content". I've snagged copies of every album from Killers thru FOTD, as well as LAD and Live/Dead One, total amount I've spent is probably less than $70 usd. It takes perseverance and patience but it's worth it not to pay inflated prices on ebay.
Wow... The amount you've spent is WAY less than what i'd expect :eek:

Wow... The amount you've spent is WAY less than what i'd expect :eek:
Vintage vinyl is all the rage in the states... seems no one really wants old CDs at the moment! Last month I grabbed 3 Talking Heads and 1 Tears for Fears original pressing CDs for about $10.

Vintage vinyl is all the rage in the states... seems no one really wants old CDs at the moment! Last month I grabbed 3 Talking Heads and 1 Tears for Fears original pressing CDs for about $10.
Yeah, i'd say it's pretty much the same everywhere... Here in Portugal it's the same thing: Vinyls are being reissued left and right while cd's seem to slowly fade away. In my local record store for example TBOS vinyl edition sold the triple of the amount the cd versions did.

Back