What's Your Least Favorite Maiden Song?

As you know, Total Eclipse was not part of original record, which only leaves two forgettable songs. When Number of the Beast was released, everybody wished they had replaced the horrible Gangland by the very decent Total Eclipse. I don't know how they made such a mistake.

Yeah, they are both non-starters. I agree that Prisoner would be better as an opener than Invaders. Hell, the title track would be a good opener. Especially as an introduction to Bruce.

Yeah, they are both non-starters. I agree that Prisoner would be better as an opener than Invaders. Hell, the title track would be a good opener. Especially as an introduction to Bruce.
True. IMO, this is how NOTB should've been listed

1) The Prisoner
2) Run to the Hills
3) 22 Acacia Avenue
4) The Number of the Beast
5) Total Eclipse
6) Children of the Damned
7) Invaders
8) Gangland
9) Hallowed Be Thy Name

Cannot believe there is such a thread tbh. And i am not trying to make out i am the BIGGEST ever Maiden fan. Even though i am.

The Assassin is probably the one I like the least - I was all ready to blame Bruce for that one and was actually quite shocked to discover it was one of Steve's. Gangland I didn't really get to start with, but it's grown on me since.

But hey, Maiden don't do weak songs, just songs that aren't as strong as their best stuff.

The Assassin is probably the one I like the least - I was all ready to blame Bruce for that one and was actually quite shocked to discover it was one of Steve's.

The Assassin is one of my least favorite as well. I think that Steve is usually the culprit behind a lot of the weaker songs, actually. When he writes something good, he knocks it out of the park, but when he's off his game, his songs can be downright bad. He's a man of extremes, he is.

My vote for my least favorite Maiden songs are "The Appiration", "Weekend Warriors" and "Virus", I don't get the hatred people have for "Back In The Village" which is IMO one of their underrated songs.

"Different World" (opening an album is a crucial position -which might make one more severe about openers than the other songs)

Back