What's Your Least Favorite Maiden Song?

I've got mixed feelings about this one. This music is really silly, and the opening riff could have been written by a ten-year old musician (same thing with Sun and Steel on the same album), but the lyrics, the vocal melody and the solo are great.

I never paid much attention to this song until I heard in played on a decent sound system in a club, and it just worked.

I love Flight of Icarus, but it is certainly simplistic.

I'll throw in my vote for Invaders. There are certainly songs that are worse as a whole, especially musically, but oh how I loathe the chorus and lyrics of Invaders. I cringe every time I hear it.

I love Flight of Icarus, but it is certainly simplistic.

I'll throw in my vote for Invaders. There are certainly songs that are worse as a whole, especially musically, but oh how I loathe the chorus and lyrics of Invaders. I cringe every time I hear it.
Invaders is okay, but definitely sounds awful as an opening track

Don't you thik that after such gems as Children of the Damned and Number of the Beast, not to mention Hallowed..., it would have been completly ignored.

Don't you thik that after such gems as Children of the Damned and Number of the Beast, not to mention Hallowed..., it would have been completly ignored.
Possibly. It's certainly one of the three weakest tracks on the album, alongside Gangland and Total Eclipse. The rest of NOTB is pure gold

Well, that depends on you ! I love that song, as much as Aces High, and a lot more than some so called Classics (Running Free, Run to the Hills, Flight of Icarus). And its "sister" Invasion is just fantastic.

Well, that depends on you ! I love that song, as much as Aces High, and a lot more than some so called Classics (Running Free, Run to the Hills, Flight of Icarus). And its "sister" Invasion is just fantastic.
I like Invaders, but seriously, it really does sound out of place as an opening track. The Prisoner would've sounded a lot better. Hell, even Prowler is a better opening track than Invaders

Back