What type of Blaze-era Iron Maiden fan were you?

What type of Blaze-era Iron Maiden fan were you?

• Total voters
Fixed your typo, LOL. :rolleyes:
Well, to be fair, I never said I agreed with it. I think both are worth listening, but as a long-time highly vocal detractor of Virtual XI, I know how repetitive it can be and thus at least understand where the hate for it is coming from. And it is a flawed record, as good as it might be. The X Factor, on the other hand, is perfect just as it is, and I myself have never seen or heard any justifiable reason for the hate it gets. Most, if not all of the truly bad reviews I've ever read about it seem to be too biased.

I just tried to listen to TXF....as painful as always.
It's very demanding to get into it, for sure, but once you get past the initially awkward sound quality and the dark, depressing atmosphere, you'll see it's actually very worthwhile and, really, very very good. Try listening to the album on shuffle instead of the original order! Worked for me. :)

Last edited:
It's very demanding to get into it, for sure, but once you get past the initially awkward sound quality and the dark, depressing atmosphere, you'll see it's actually very worthwhile and, really, very very good. Try listening to the album on shuffle instead of the original order! Worked for me. :)

Unfortunately I tried everything over the last 23 years. You see I was inline outside the record store to get it on the release date. I find it very poor in all aspects apart from the lyrics.

Unfortunately I tried everything over the last 23 years. You see I was inline outside the record store to get it on the release date. I find it very poor in all aspects apart from the lyrics.
The fact that you like the lyrics is actually great because many find them ‘meh’.

I'm sick and tired of people fighting over Blaze. If you don't like it, fine. Stop being juvenile with your dislike.

And if you love Blaze, also fine. Don't try to insinuate others are lesser for not.

The one thing I will say is that I recommend people try the albums. If you don't try, you don't know.

With hindsight it's easier to be forgiving and less anti when it's not being rudely stuffed in your face, but it all happened a little differently to me.

Started in '81 and all was dandy until No Prayer(now a favourite). But it was Fear in '92 which killed the band for me, and didn't consider buying anything hence.
I'd heard they were getting Blaze from Wolfsbane, a band I disliked, and wasn't even interested.
Borrowed Best of the Beast in '98, really liked Virus and Sign, bought XF and was disappointed.
Reunion '99 and I'm back, but waited until '02 for VXI. It was a giggle.

They're not very good records, but they each have a unique quality as all Maiden records do, except Book which I revisited recently and still felt it lacked this individuality.

Reactions: Gk1
No thanks.

You don't miss this, do you? ;)

QKfD_o.gif

Oh look, more GhostofCain Blaze slagging.

We get it, you don’t like blaze. Now how about you do everyone a favour and fuck off bumping this thread with your negativity.

Lighten up mate, it was not meant to be taken seriously. ;)

Using four letter words to show your disapproval is not nice. :nonono: What next? See if you can find me to give me a beating in a fit of Steve Harrisness because I did not enjoy Blaze live? :D

Back