What song(s) would you want to be played at your funeral?

Start the funeral with "Unchained" by Johnny Cash, end it with "Thin Line Between Love and Hate", and wheel me out to the hearse to the strains of "Eruption"...

You have to start somewhere and mentioning Killed by Death isn't a bad way to start.  :)

I'd go for a long, soul-crushingly tedious experimental piece. Like an early Kraftwerk album or something like that. The guests would be forced to contemplate the emptiness and evanescence of their lives as the endless minimalistic drone echoes across the room, and eventually come to the conclusion that life is too short for boredom and turn it off. It would be very poignant ;)

Silent Lucidity by Queensryche... or Powerslave by IM - mostly for the humor factor, and partly as a statement to all those who do not live their lives and act in a similar fashion till their time has come - and for similar reasons, possibly Starblind... a few others come to mind.

I'd probably lean towards Starblind.
DAMMIT!!!!!!!! Now I gotta go start up Starblind again!!! I've managed 3 days without listening to it. Why can I not get that song far from my mind?!?!?!

TFF 01 said:
"To Live Is To Die" by Metallica

I was just about to say that, but I'm not sure, it might be too intense. "The Alchemist" might give somebody the creeps ("Know this, I will return to this land..."  :bigsmile:)

One good choice could be "Unspoken" by Four Tet. Peaceful, dreamy, slightly melancholy "folktronica". 9 minutes of pleasure, if you ask me. I was looking for a funny, lighthearted song, but I can't come up with one  :blink: When you need it you can't find it...

"Digging The Grave" by Faith No More  :bigsmile:

the complete 2 minutes to midnight single. All three tracks  ;)

Back