What happened to The Iron Maiden Commentary website?

Check the Declination!

Working on my PHD in Maiden
Does anyone know? Any plans to update with TBOS? I always thought it was an awesome, comprehensive source for all kinds of Maiden info and a well put together site.

Maverick hasn't been interested in the site for almost five years now. To be fair though, his professional life doesn't allow the kind of time he used to devote to it.

I don't expect an update. To my knowledge, the webmaster has mostly lost interest in posting his analyses for us.

Edit: Perun sniped me... :cool:

Does anyone know? Any plans to update with TBOS? I always thought it was an awesome, comprehensive source for all kinds of Maiden info and a well put together site.
It should be further noted that we don't have any affiliation with him anymore. Last time, he eventually caved to pressure and made it happen.

That's a bit sad, because (like many I suppose), I think the commentary is quite unique in his genre. It's a precious resource and a sweet gold mine of information, few fansite -no matter the band- were as dedicated as it was.

Very sad and it bugs me that it's not complete :( Can't Maverick give someone access to fill in new info if he doesn't want to deal with it himself anymore?

Or as LC said......persuade him again to make a new entry for Book Of Souls....Even he as originator should still be able to see the value of a complete Maiden fans Commentary. I'm sure that was what he himself had in mind when he started the project.

While the Commentary is a nifty site, consider what you're really asking for ... Maverick's opinions on the new album, and that's all. If you want factual research about Mayans, Robin Williams or the R101, there are other sources.

Some of us did so, long ago. I know I'm quoted on Aces High, for instance. But that was back when the Commentary was hosted here and Maverick was an active forum member. Things have greatly changed.

Nevertheless the Commentary is so known right now between Maiden fans that it's kind of a joke that it was just given up on...."THE BEST RESOURCE ON MAIDEN...WELL UP UNTIL WE DIDN*T GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE" c'mon....

Isn't that the same? The Maiden Commentary was "left to manage on it's own".....and so, wasn't actually a good resource because, hey it suddenly missed 10 years of Maiden activity.

Or as LC said......persuade him again to make a new entry for Book Of Souls....Even he as originator should still be able to see the value of a complete Maiden fans Commentary. I'm sure that was what he himself had in mind when he started the project.
Not that it really matters in the discussion, but he never started it (more about that here).

Eh no but don't you think it's sad that it is incomplete?! It's like reading the history of something and it cuts off halfways..WTF? When I recommend my friends The Iron Maiden Commentary as the best place for Maiden insight I have to add a PS..."it's not up to date...."

Best Iron Maiden resource on the Internet.......worst handling ever.

Sixes, people abandon sites all the time. Why is this so important? And it's only one album out of date; it's not like it never made it out of the eighties or something.

Back