What happened to The Iron Maiden Commentary website?

Well I can only speak for myself. As until now. The Iron Maiden Commentary has worked as a sort of diary of what Maiden has done tour wise, album wise...I cherish this and I think I will cherish this even more when the band is no more....

And it's only one album out of date

Go look at the tour section please and see if this is still true...

Well I can only speak for myself. As until now. The Iron Maiden Commentary has worked as a sort of diary of what Maiden has done tour wise, album wise...I cherish this and I think I will cherish this even more when the band is no more....

Go look at the tour section please and see if this is still true...
No. I'm sure it's out-of-date, as you say. I was just curious as to why you're so (seemingly! :p) worked up about it. Sure, it's a great site. But... if the guy who built it has other things to be doing, then that's the way it is. It's a pity, I agree. But. Uh.

And that is what my initial question was ...How come Maverick...an obvious Maiden fan one time in his life?! Can't just give someone else the rights to keep the Commentary going...

There was one person he once indirectly asked about it, and he didn't want it.

I guess if you go to ask Maverick he might listen to your offer.

Nope I have not. Would it be cool to continue the commentary do you think or should we forget it?!

I definitely think it should continue. I would vote for you; if you decided you're not feeling quite up to it, I would vote for many of the members here who would be willing to accept the responsibility, since I believe they would do their best and they understand Maiden much more than I do (Forostar, Perun, Sinister, Brigs...). I just too think it would be a shame to let it fade away - the site is amazing as it is and we definitely need to include TBOS :)

I also think it should continue. That site was really important to me when I was discovering Maiden, it definitely got me even more interested in them. It was awesome to listen to the albums while at the same time, reading the commentary to each one of them. It's a great site for all the fans, especially the new ones.

I think we should buy and it and tie it together once again with this website.
We certainly have the talent on here to update it and maintain its integrity.

Keen to continue is the essence, I guess.

Some things are happening a little quick on here, or so it seems to me. Who says he won't update it anymore? If he'd take a year, that'd be good enough for me.
Longer? Not nice, but not the end of the world. If time is the only problem, then patience is what we need.

It's the best resource that there is on Maiden on the interwebs. Bar none. Maybe he can be persuaded to add TBOS info at least without selling but he most be paying to keep the site up I guess....Worst case scenario is if he cares so little he just cancels that all of the sudden and the site and all the info is lost forever :eek:

It's the best resource that there is on Maiden on the interwebs. Bar none. Maybe he can be persuaded to add TBOS info at least without selling but he most be paying to keep the site up I guess....Worst case scenario is if he cares so little he just cancels that all of the sudden and the site and all the info is lost forever :eek:

Mav isn't paying for maintenance. He disclosed the details to me privately, and never made it public, therefore I'm not going to share them. But rest assured that the future of the site is as secure as it gets.

Back