What are your top 5 favorite Maiden songs?

1.Alexander the Great
2.Powerslave
3.Revelations
4.Caught Somewhere in Time
5.The Evil That Men Do

Fear of The Dark
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Powerslave
Wasted Years
The Evil That Men Do
Die With Your Boots On
The Rime of The Ancient Mariner
The Sign of the Cross
The Trooper
Stranger In a Strange Land

It's easier to do a top ten, yet really hard...As you can see the setlist of the present tour isn't my favourite, still I'll rock on and love it.

Let's try it... my current top five are:

1. The Evil That Men Do
2. No More Lies
3. Rainmaker
4. Wasted Years
5. Still Life

However, this list changes every day (just not lately, since all I'm listening to at the moment is 'Tyranny Of Souls'), so I can hardly put this as universal. An equally correct list could be:

1. Stranger In A Strange Land
2. Lightning Strikes Twice
3. The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
4. The Aftermath
5. Strange World

Ok, I've finally gotten my top 5 in order (I think....)

1. Powerslave
2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
4. Revelations
5. Alexander the Great

I know, I know they're all from small chunk of IM's history, but if I'm gonna be honest about this I went from knowing the Trooper and Number and Run to the Hills and liking Iron Maiden, to becoming a HARDCORE Maidenfan during the years of these great epics.

I guess I'm a hog for these things; I was thinking Nomad, Tame a Land, Phantom, and Sign of the Cross would be near the top as well.....

Looks like there are a few others around here with the same inclination towards epic Harris-Maiden....

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 6 2005, 09:52 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 6 2005, 09:52 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]And epic Bruce, apparently!
[snapback]107581[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think only Powerslave and Revelations are Bruce-tunes, though, I'm not positive. I do know that they are GREAT songs.

My buddy and I always go straight to the longest track when a new one comes out, though....and they're usually all Harris epics [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

1. Phantom of the Opera
2. Revelations
3. Total Eclipse (live version)
4. Aces High
5. Purgatory

Too many great songs to narrow down to just 5.

[!--QuoteBegin-zatoichi+Jun 6 2005, 10:49 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(zatoichi @ Jun 6 2005, 10:49 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think only Powerslave and Revelations are Bruce-tunes, though, I'm not positive.  I do know that they are GREAT songs.

My buddy and I always go straight to the longest track when a new one comes out, though....and they're usually all Harris epics  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]107587[/snapback]​
[/quote]

yep, bruce was involved in writing those.

Mine are

Infinite Dreams
Revelations
Charlotte the Harlot
Aces High
Murders in the Rue Morgue

(and Hooks in You, Remember Tomorrow and Purgatory and The Evil that Men Do and... Im sorry, it seems like a sacrilege to choose one over another)

1. Phantom Of The Opera
2. Powerslave
3. Revelations
4. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
5. The Duellists

And after that would follow Alexander the Great and the live versions of Sign Of The Cross, The Clansman and Fear Of The Dark. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Oh BTW: guess from my picks which is my favourite album...[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]))

Cheers,
Mystery Madman

1) Infinite Dreams
2) Only the Good Die Young
3) The Evil That Men Do
4) Sea of Madness
5) Age of Innocence

Go Vols.

1. 'The Nomad' (still second to none [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

2. The Prisoner (no soap why it isn't played on the new tour [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

3. Dance of Death (unbeliebably captivating and energetic)

4. Children of the Damned (another mystery why not played live this year)

5. The Thin Line between Love and Hate (maybe the most original Maiden song ever)

[!--QuoteBegin-Cosmiceddie+Jun 15 2005, 02:03 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cosmiceddie @ Jun 15 2005, 02:03 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm sort of taken aback how popular 'Powerslave' seems to be in here.
[snapback]108623[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Why? Powerslave is one of maiden's best songs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO i hate to pick a fave 5!! argh! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
ok ok ok ill do it anyways

1-prowler
2-hallowed by thy name
3-killers
4-charlotte the harlot
5-remember tomorrow

all of the early stuff usually is my fave but all maisen songs are just fecking amaziing! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

*randomly selects 5 great Maiden songs*

-Hallowed Be Thy Name
-The Trooper
-The Number Of The Beast
-The Wicker Man
-Brave New World

1. Afraid to shoot Strangers (does anyone know who came up with those hot leads? Janick or Dave)
2. Paschendale
3. Ghost of the Navigator
4. Lord of the Flies
5. Genghis Khan

1. Purgatory
2. Another life
3. Transylvania
4. Total eclipse
5. phantom of the opera

Back