What are your top 5 favorite Maiden songs?

A

Anonymous

Mine are:

1. Powerslave
2. Aces High
3. Caught Somwhere In Time
4. Hallowed Be Thy Name
5. Die With Your Boots On

Actually, I love all of Maiden's songs. They don't make any bad music.

1-The Evil that Men Do
2-The Number of the Beast
3-Fear of the Dark
4-The Trooper
5-Wrathchild
6-Run to the Hills
7-Hallowed be thy name

I'm sorry, I can't put 5 songs. The minimum is 7, and they are not in order, since I can't put them in this sort of classification. Sorry again.

Cheers

Part One, in which SMX shamelessly promotes one of his websites:

You can post your top 10 favorite Maiden songs here:
[a href=\'http://www.top10songs.net/ironmaiden.php\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.top10songs.net/ironmaiden.php[/a]

Some members of this forum have already posted there ... including Maiden Guitarist, who (gasp!) posted a different top 5 songs!

------------

Part Two, in which SMX presents a historical item for relative newbies (people who have been here less than a year):

Once upon a time, this forum had a pinned thread where persons could post their top 20 favorite Maiden songs. During that time, I kept track of all the songs posted and added them up. This is the overal top 20 list which came out of that thread.

1. Hallowed Be Thy Name
2. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
3. Paschendale
4. Phantom Of The Opera
5. Aces High
6. Fear Of The Dark
7. The Trooper
8. Sign Of The Cross
9. Powerslave
10. 2 Minutes To Midnight
11. Infinite Dreams
12. Dance Of Death
13. Revelations
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Alexander The Great
16. 22 Acacia Avenue
17. Children Of The Damned
18. Ghost Of The Navigator
19. Wasted Years
20. The Clairvoyant

Many of the contributors to this list are no longer active here, so a current consensus top 20 list would look different.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 14 2005, 12:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 14 2005, 12:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Some members of this forum have already posted there ... including Maiden Guitarist, who (gasp!) posted a different top 5 songs!

[snapback]104610[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I just posted some of my favorite maiden songs. Here is my top ten as on your website SMX:
1. Powerslave
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
3. Caught Somwhere In Time
4. Aces High
5. The Trooper
6. Still Life
7. Die With Your Boots On
8. Dream Of Mirrors
9. 2 Minutes To Midnight
10. Dance Of Death

1. The Prisioner
2. Flight of Icarus
3. The Clairavoyant
4. Can I play with Madness
5. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

I thought I could post my fav five but I can't... I like all their songs for different reasons and to list my favorites is impossible....

1.Children of the Damned
2.The Clairvoyant
3.Hallowed Be Thy Name
4.Flash of the Blade
5.The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner(Ruuuuuuuuuun on and ooooonnnn...)

Hmm, tough topic... but here are mine.
The Trooper
Aces High
The Prisoner
Can I Play With Madness
Revelations

I don't know. to more i listen to them to more i like the songs i didn't like before. my list changes like the wheater.hehe [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

1) Hallowed Be Thy Name
2,3,4,5[cant decide the order]) Still Life, Aces High, Fear of the Dark, Children of the Damned

The only thing I know for sure is that Stranger in a strange land is my favourite and that Tha Angel anb the Gambler is my least favourite.
All the other songs come in between!

1: Paschendale ( is there a better song anywhere by anyone???????)
2: Hallowed Be thy Name
3: Stranger in a Strange Land
4: Wasted Years
5: Blood Brothers

I think we all agree that Maiden don't normally make bad records and that a top five can change depending on our mood

I can't get past number 1. Powerslave.

The rest is up in the air. But would include Fear of the Dark and Hallowed Be Thy Name....

1. Paschendale.
2. Powerslave.
3. Dream of Mirrors.
4. Hallowed Be Thy Name.
5. Fear of the Golf.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 3 2005, 02:13 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 3 2005, 02:13 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]1. Paschendale.
2. Powerslave.
3. Dream of Mirrors.
4. Hallowed Be Thy Name.
5. Fear of the Golf.
[snapback]107087[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Fear of the Golf. That number rocks! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

"Fear of the golf
Fear of the golf
I have a constant fear caddies are always near..."

this is SO hard there are so many maiden songs i consider as my favorites!! but here are my top 5 if i HAD to choose (in no particular order)

hallowed be thy name
powerslave
revelations
children of the damned
infinite dreams

AAHHH but theres SO many more i wanna put on there!! like:

phantom of the opera
transylvania
murders in the rue morgue
purgatory
22 acacia avenue
still life
to tame a land
rime of the ancient mariner
aces high
the duellists
caught somewhere in time
wasted years
seventh son of a seventh son
moonchild
only the good die young
fear of the dark
judas be my guide
afraid to shoot strangers
brave new world
blood brothers
dance of death
paschendale

here are mine..i think its really hard to put down some somgs becouse all are great!!

1 Hallowed Be Thy Name
2 Sanctuary
3 The Clansman
4 Moonchild
5 Weekend warrior

and many many more

Back