What are your plans for your first Senjutsu "listening party"?

Oh, that really sucks...

A bit unprofessional from them, as new Maiden albums are one of the very few that really get a lot of people out there to buy the record.
Yes, that sucks... :(

However, Spotify exists, so I'll be able to listen to 'Senjutsu' at midnight the day of the release... So, I'll have a nighter, but this doesn't bother me, I currently suffer from insomnia, so I got used to having long sleepless nights... ;) But, it's true that 10 more days without the CD I've pre-ordered today, that won't be easy to bear... :help2:

I'm not a man. ;) And thanks for your compassion. :ok: A store that forgets to order the copies to the wholesaler is a shitty store... <_< I'll never buy CDs there anymore... Next time, I'll order them directly from the labels or from other online shops... ;)
Ops :lol: But yeah, I wouldent support them. Sounds so weird. I live in a small insignificant town and my record store got the album yesterday. They wrote to me today and told me my copy is ready on friday to pick up

I'm sure all of you have already pictured yourself listening to Senjutsu for the very first time and maybe you already have a ritual for a big event like this or just take it as it comes. Please share your plans for your first playthrough: do you listen all by yourself in a dark room or are you amongst Friends? Are you in possession of a high fidelity sound system or will you disappear from the outside world with earphones on your head? Do you prefer that your senses are clean from mind altering substances or do you rather take it with a bottle or two of your favorite beverage? Tell us!
Gonna throw myself a lil party. Order some pizza, buy a cake. Put my headphones in and just enjoy. Then might drive around afterwards to hear it on the car speakers.

I listened to the album at various spots, even while riding or holding the bicycle & walking. Most magical moments Senjutsu, Celts, The Parchment & Hell on Earth. And Darkest Hour riding on the way back home, second listen.

Tomorrow afternoon after school, I'm going to download the album (and the booklet, now that it's been released), check the waveforms of Stratego and The Writing on the Wall to see if they're the same as the singles, and then listen to it all the way through.

It will be 9PM tonight for me here in California when the album hits streaming services! Have a 4-pack of Trooper in the fridge so plan on sipping and enjoying once 9 o'clock hits!

Unfortunately my pre-order delayed and won't be here until tomorrow but that's okay!! Can't wait to experience it with you all:)

Im ready for tomorrow! Will be wearing either my Senjutstu t-shirt or my Belshazzar's Feast t-shirt. Got Trooper beer ready. My local record store opens at 11. So after that its straight home and time for some listening. Cant fucking wait

My original plan was to listen to the album tomorrow reading the lyrics. However, it seems that Warner would not be able to deliver the limited to my independent record shop until next week and this would feature two booklets for TWOTW rather than one for TWOTW and another one for Senjutsu. Therefore, I might need to use Spotify instead. :(

My original plan was to listen to the album tomorrow reading the lyrics. However, it seems that Warner would not be able to deliver the limited to my independent record shop until next week and this would feature two booklets for TWOTW rather than one for TWOTW and another one for Senjutsu. Therefore, I might need to use Spotify instead. :(
At least the lyrics have been posted here somewhere!

I had 3 parties up to now.

Siting on the river bund +bicycle ride.
Running 10k.
Driving to a beach resort.

I liked a lot the driving experience, especially for CD2 + empty highway.

4th listen at the beach. Dark clouds moving fast, wind, no rain. Great, great light.

It got me good this one. I was stunned in the end. I liked absolutely all songs, including Lost in a Lost World & Time Machine.
Up to now it gets better with every new listen.

Back