What are your favorite TV shows?

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Madness+Jun 1 2005, 06:49 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Madness @ Jun 1 2005, 06:49 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think that is what defines family guy and keeps it fresh.
[snapback]106667[/snapback]​
[/quote]
The new episodes aren't very fresh. Seth MacFarlane has lost his touch.

I don't think so. I don't find the new episodes to be any better or any worse than the old episodes. Each episode makes me laugh, a lot more than an episode of The Simpsons or South Park does. Also, he brought back the chicken for Peter to fight again. That was amazing.

American Dad is pretty funny. [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] Does Seth McFarlane do that one? I think it's alot more offensive than Family Guy...

Damn you Americans getting to see the new episodes.

I do find that "Canada sucks" bit funny, even though I love the place.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 1 2005, 08:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 1 2005, 08:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Also, he brought back the chicken for Peter to fight again.  That was amazing.
[snapback]106861[/snapback]​
[/quote]
"Hey, this was a popular scene in an old episode! Let's throw it in here again, but for no reason this time because we haven't any better ideas to use up time!"

Hehe, the ripoffs were great. I don't care if it means they're out of ideas, it's still grand. Besides, there's been a couple classic lines already.

"This whole thing has turned Chris's life upside down face."

"Oh God, I burst a blood vessel!"

"Jesus Christ!" "Yeah, dad?" "Get the (name of car), we're outta here!"

Family Guy has pulled a Sealab, meaning they're out of good ideas for episodes and are merely recycling jokes from older, funnier material.

That last episode of Family Guy with the Star Wars spoof was just...lame. [img src=\'http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/images/smiles/nono.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]
HOWEVER! The American Dad episode after it was hilarious, which tells me that perhaps Seth has still got it in 'em.

Star Wars spoofs are great, what are you talking about? And yeah, but American Dad in itself is just Family Guy recycled.

I agree, American Dad is not that great of a show and to me it's a cheap version of Family Guy. He has to drop the Alien or the fish.. but having both characters is just aweful.

The alien. It might be better if it didn't have Cleveland's freaking voice.

Hehe, that was another thing I liked from the new episodes.

"40,000-doIhear50,000-50,000-doIhear" *thunk* "Fifty thousand going once."

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 3 2005, 06:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 3 2005, 06:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Star Wars spoofs are great, what are you talking about?
[snapback]107307[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Only Spaceballs, Cannon. Only Spaceballs.
[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 3 2005, 06:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 3 2005, 06:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]And yeah, but American Dad in itself is just Family Guy recycled.
[snapback]107307[/snapback]​
[/quote]
The only one I liked and that wasn't ripped from Family Guy was the last one. Isn't it on tomorrow? I'll have to watch it and see if it's any good this time.

*mechanical Peter falls out of a window next to Cleveland, a hatch opens and Stewie runs away*

Cleveland: "I see nothing! Nothing!!!"

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+May 31 2005, 01:03 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ May 31 2005, 01:03 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Mr Mariner said:
Why not the rest. They're nearly all great except possibly 7 and 8 (I really don't like 8)
[snapback]106476[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I just found after series 4 the characters had changed too much and became more annoying than anything else. If you watch an episode of series 1 and then an episode of series 5 straight afterwards you'll see what I mean.

There are good episodes in series 5 & 6 but I wouldn't say they're that good overall. I really wish they had stopped at series 6 though, after that the writers changed and it went right downhill.

Just my opinion! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Now I have memorized every episode until the 4 season and Family Guy has definitly peaked it will only go down. As for American dad to me personally it sucks you cant do the same type of material in a different setting. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] This show will get cancelled.

The 1,2,3 season DVDs will never get old to me because once i finsh one season the next will be fresh

Well, Family Guy was a little bit better last night. I liked Peter performing for President Bush. As for American Dad, it, eh, kinda sucked again.

[!--QuoteBegin-slaughterwithiron+--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(slaughterwithiron)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]  Now I have memorized every episode until the 4 season and Family Guy has definitly peaked it will only go down.[/quote]
Tru dat.

Back