What are your favorite TV shows?

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
Well?

I myself dig the animated comedies. My list is as follows.

South Park
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Robot Chicken
Family Guy (although the new ones ain't so great)
American Dad (not sure yet, the last one was the only really good one)
Home Movies
Futurama
Pre-1998 Simpsons

I simply haven't found anything else to be good...which in itself is probably good.

Post yours.[img src=\'http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/images/smiles/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
SIASL?!? You're back?!?!?
Ah, of course. This time of year, it's just starting to warm up in Minnesota. You probably just now thawed out. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

As for TV ...
Adult Swim (all except TGTTM)
Simpsons
Nova
Frontline

In other words, I like stuff that's either extremely smart or extremely dumb. Anything that's merely average bores me.

The Prisoner (when I was a kid, then I watched again the repeats)
Star Trek (age 7, I wanted to become an astronaut! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )
Baa-Baa Black Sheep (still when I was pretty young; age 14, I wanted to become a fighter pilot [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )
V (when I was almost adult, my sister got me into it)
EastEnders (since the beginning, and still watching)
Twin Peaks (any Prisoner fan must also love this series - weird! [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

And welcome back, Stranger [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, Simsons and South Park (the last one is banned on TV in Romania, don't ask me why, so we put the shows on cds and watch em on PCs) Carnivale, Six Feet Under, Fri ends, Joey, Flying Heavy Metal, Mythbusters,are all great for me

Since English TV got boring and I hitched on Freeview (30 extra channels from the BBC for u Americans) I got great stuff....but mostly English stuff

Simpsons
Futurama
Red Dwarf
Hollyoaks
Derren Brown (Amazing mind game guy...better then David Blaine)
and.....
South Park

Well I do like the following...

Derren Brown
The Simpsons
Dangermouse
EastEnders
Look Around You
Red Dwarf (first 4 series)
Only Fools & Horses (earlier episodes)
Chucklevision

I don't really watch a lot of telly though and never go out of my way to watch something.

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+May 21 2005, 12:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ May 21 2005, 12:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well I do like the following...

Derren Brown
The Simpsons
Dangermouse
EastEnders
Look Around You
Red Dwarf (first 4 series)
Only Fools & Horses (earlier episodes)
Chucklevision

I don't really watch a lot of telly though and never go out of my way to watch something.
[snapback]105146[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I realised the only thing about Chucklevision was how to look like a paedophile......

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 21 2005, 01:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 21 2005, 01:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
SIASL?!? You're back?!?!?
Ah, of course. This time of year, it's just starting to warm up in Minnesota. You probably just now thawed out. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/quote]
Also school is over. Good time to come out of my 4-month hiatus.[img src=\'http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/images/smiles/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]
[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 21 2005, 01:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 21 2005, 01:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Adult Swim (all except TGTTM)
[/quote]
That show sucks.
[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 21 2005, 01:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 21 2005, 01:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]In other words, I like stuff that's either extremely smart or extremely dumb.
[snapback]105128[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Extremely smart as in stuff like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, right? [img src=\'http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/images/smiles/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]Extremely dumb, to me, means your average sitcom.

I do listen to
The Simpsons
Malcom in the Middle
along with a few local show that you never heard of
Le Coeur a Ses Raisons(translate to something like: the heart has his feelings) it's a soap parody and it's really funny
Infoman, it's a show that makes fun of the news
and finally Chick 'n Swell, it's 3 guys that do little absurd sketches

M*A*S*H
All in the Family
Star Trek
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space 9
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Blackadder Goes Forth
Family Guy
Law & Order

I'm gonna put "WullfMorgenthaler" here. Brilliant Danish show. No doubt it'll never be translated, but now you now that humour superiour to any you've ever experienced exists. Live with it.

Welcome back SIASL [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I wondered where you'd got to. My current favourites are:

Futurama
Family Guy
Blackadder
Red Dwarf
Dead Ringers

Favorite shows (animated):
Adult Swim
Simpsons pre-1998
South Park
(not animated)
Seinfeld
Everything on the History Channel except for their UFO shows.
(nostalgic shows... not necessarly good ones)
Home Improvement
Step by Step (if you see it in spanish you'd understand [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--])
Wings. After this sitcom it is hard to take Thomas Hadden Church Seriously in future ventures.

Also what is TGTTM?

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+May 22 2005, 06:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ May 22 2005, 06:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Also what is TGTTM?
[snapback]105275[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[a href=\'http://www.adultswim.com/shows/tom/index.html\' target=\'_blank\']Tom Goes to the Mayer[/a]. Even the involvement of Tenacious D in episode couldn't save it. When the animation is the funniest part of the show, you know you're doing something wrong.
[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+May 22 2005, 06:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ May 22 2005, 06:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Seinfeld
[snapback]105275[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Seinfeld is one of the only other comedies I'll watch if it happens to be on.

Newer South Park episodes(their is actually a decent plot in them now, not as much pointless swearing and random disgusting things)

Monty Python's Flying Circus(I have the box set that cost over 100 dollars)
Bean(gotta love Mr. Bean)
Family Guy(I was watching Family Guy before the big hype when everyone didn't like it. what are they saying now?)
That 70's Show

Believe it or not, I watch Spongebob Squarepants. Many people don't give it a chance because it's a kid's show. It is hilarious, clever, innocent humor [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . It also has crazy Looney Tunes humor (not to mention I still watch) of impossible things only cartoons can do. Which almost all cartoons lack these days. The movie had me laughing my @$$ off. [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

"Who are you?"
I'm David Hassalhogh
(didn't spell that right). I can take you to Bikini Bottom!"
"Where's your boat?"
"Boat? HAHAHA!"

BEAN! how could I forget! I should add that to the nostalgia list hehe.

Yeah, Tom and his mayor is a crappy show, the ads are funnier, the "music video" thing they do.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Madness+May 23 2005, 07:01 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Madness @ May 23 2005, 07:01 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Newer South Park episodes(their is actually a decent plot in them now, not as much pointless swearing and random disgusting things)
[snapback]105311[/snapback]​
[/quote]
The show didn't really get good til season 4. Not there were no good episodes before then, but most of it was your basic, dumb fart jokes.

They didn't have the budget for anything else [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+May 24 2005, 12:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ May 24 2005, 12:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]They didn't have the budget for anything else [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]105383[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Oh my god, have any of you guys seen their Team America movie. After the first scene, me and my buds were going to leave... but then the 9/11 joke kept us there. Oh, and the America,F*ck Yeah! song...

"It will be like 9/11 times 10"
"That's like--"
"Yes 9-1-1-0."

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back