what are your favorite "Eddies"??

rocket_man

mess with me and i'll pull out my rocket on you
I am curious what Eddies you folks really like, ya know like the newer Eddies or the older ones.......from shirts, posters, albums and imports............

1. Killers album - album cover
  2. The Clairvoyant - tshirt
  3. Purgatory - single artwork
  4. Final Frontier - anything to do with it
  5. Piece of Mind - album cover

Brave New World - Despite the fact that this one isn't even a solid incarnation, this has to be one of the most sinister Eddies. I mean, it's a freaking cloud! Smiling evilly! That's pretty scary, and also bad***. This was my computer background for a while.

The Final Frontier - Some people disliked this redesign, I thought it was a great re-imagining of Eddie to fit the space theme. Also it was my first Maiden studio album (I had the From Fear to Eternity "best of" before it) (I know, I'm a noob), so it kinda has that special quality for me in that when I first got this album it was a very intimidating cover.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son cover - What a truly strange image! Not much was left of Ed at this point, but he was still VERY intimidating. Also, it took me awhile before I noticed what he was holding… Alarming.

Powerslave - Eddie as a pharaoh. Just an awesome concept, taking Eddie back to ancient Egypt, and making him a pharaoh who is revered as a god. Also pretty symbolic of Maiden's status to a lot of fans by that point ;)

Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg - This song captured my imagination (and I actually first found this forum searching for the identity of Breeg), and seeing this cover was yet another mystery in the story of the character in this song. Why is Eddie digging his grave? And why does he look so… tortured? The mystery of it is why I love this Eddie.

Live After Death - Eddie is clawing himself out of the ground while being brought to life by lightning. Need more be said?

Of course, I love a whole lot more Eddies, but these are a few favorites.

Aces High Eddie - I'd love to have that on a shirt.
Live After Death Eddie - yep. Just yep.
Powerslave Pyramid Eddie - still my favourite album cover of them all.
AMOLAD Eddie on the tank - tanks are cool, Eddie is more cool.

1. World Slavery Tour (tourbook)
2. Maiden Japan (Venezuelan 12" sleeve)
3. Powerslave
4. Beast on the Road (tourbook)
5. World Piece Tour (tourbook)

1. Somewhere Back In Time compilation cover, has and always will be my favorite. I love how it has the three Eddie's from that era (cyborg Eddie, pyramid Eddie, and Seventh Son Eddie)
(http://www.ironmaidenwallpaper.com/somewhere_back_in_time_15.jpg)

The rest are in no particular order:
2. "The Trooper" Eddie
3. "Live After Death" Eddie
4. "Stranger in a Strange Land" Eddie
5. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album cover Eddie
6. "The Prophecy/Clairvoyant" Eddie
7. "The Wicker Man" Eddie
8. "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" Eddie
9. Somewhere In Time album cover Eddie
10. And then "The Final Frontier" Eddie

Stranger In a Strange Land - Like it so much I got it tattooed on my arm
Maiden Japan - The one with Eddie holding Paul Di'Anno's head not the normal one.
Killers - Just a classic
Powerslave - I've always had an interest in Ancient Egypt so i'd have to put this on my list.

Hi everybody, It's nice to be back after such a long break...:)

My favorite Eddies are:
  • Piece of mind. Just perfect
  • Run to the hills. Ed and his friend are so fascinating
  • The trooper. Another great one
  • Powerslave. I love this one too because it is terrifying
  • Aces High. Shoot that focke !

Eddie from "The Trooper"
Eddie as Pharaoh in "Powerslave" cover
Eddie as General in "A Matter of Life and Death"
Eddie as the Seer in "The Clairvoyant"

Hi everybody, It's nice to be back after such a long break...:)

My favorite Eddies are:
  • Piece of mind. Just perfect
  • Run to the hills. Ed and his friend are so fascinating
  • The trooper. Another great one
  • Powerslave. I love this one too because it is terrifying
  • Aces High. Shoot that focke !

Welcome back! Nice avatar: certain members of this forum recently visited that brewery.:cheers:

Probably Live After Death. Not just Eddie, but the whole artwork is amazing. Powerslave Eddie is also one of the best. Eddie as a pharaoh. Love it. Of the newer ones Benjamin Breeg and From Fear to Eternity have the best Eddie artworks. The rest is a bit meh..

Probably Live After Death. Not just Eddie, but the whole artwork is amazing. Powerslave Eddie is also one of the best. Eddie as a pharaoh. Love it. Of the newer ones Benjamin Breeg and From Fear to Eternity have the best Eddie artworks. The rest is a bit meh..

Yeah SIT is pretty meh.

I thought he meant the rest of the newer stuff was meh..

God I love Eddie. Like a friend I have known and cherished my whole life. That dude has done it all man. And has been through hell and back!! Literally!! Of all of them, I still dig the Piece of Mind era bald and newly lobotomized Ed. With special and honorable mentions to the following Edward T Heads: Black top hat Wildest Dreams- Tree branch 'Fear of' Ed. Insane, plane wrecking Flight 666 Eddie. And so many others. Google 'Starblind Eddie Iron Maiden' for some killer fan art for that great Final Frontier song.

Back