What are you more excited about - New Maiden or Bruce? (Poll)

What are you more excited about?

• New Iron Maiden album and tour

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • New Bruce Dickinson album and tour

Votes: 33 42.3%

• Total voters
New Maiden all day long.
Really enjoy Bruce's solo material however and am looking forward to the new album when it lands in early 2024.
Just waiting patiently on the potential announcement post-Powertrip from the Maiden camp. Hoping for a surprise.

I'm excited about a new Bruce album because he has announced that he is releasing a new album, and I look forward to his albums.
I'm not excited about a Bruce tour because he probably won't come to NZ.

I'm not excited about a new IM album because they haven't announced one. It might be 5+ years away if at all.
I'm hoping for IM coming to NZ for a concert, but I'd rather a new album.

This is a really weird poll.
Are you excited about something that will happen coupled with something that probably won't happen where you live
VS
Are you excited about something that almost definitely won't happen in the next year coupled with something that probably won't happen where you live.

I think its far more likely that they are musicians who still love to create new music and they have slowed down that process due to their age and the desire to have fun on the retro tours in between album tours.
I reckon established bands like Maiden have slowed down putting out new albums because it is too expensive to make an album and album sales are so low as people tend to steal music for free these days that there isn't much money to be made in making and selling albums.

Touring and merchandise is where the money is at, and so that is what Maiden do.
When Maiden do produce an album, they try to do it as quickly and cheaply as possible to get costs down because there is little money in it. Get people going to concerts and buying merch. That's why Maiden have stamps, pinball machines, POP vynal, beer, monopoly game, computer game, t shirts, you name it. It's just like 5 year olds buying stuff because it has a picture of Dora the Explorer on it.

I reckon established bands like Maiden have slowed down putting out new albums because it is too expensive to make an album and album sales are so low as people tend to steal music for free these days that there isn't much money to be made in making and selling albums.
What you say about the music industry is true but I also feel that the lifestyle habits and desires of men in the 60s could be different to when those same men were in their 20s. I assume that they desire more free time, family time and maybe less of the stress of the studio.

It's easy to be cynical and say that the individuals in Maiden are all motivated by money only hence the Monopoly and the pin ball machines etc but I choose to look at it differently. I have zero evidence concerning the individuals motivation and I choose to believe that they still enjoy making new music and playing live. My evidence is in seeing them live; they look like they are having fun.

There's no doubt that they have diversified in order to increase/maintain revenue streams and personally I think that the proliferation of re-masters/re-issues is taking the piss and has gone beyond any creative reasoning but that doesn't mean that they don't like making new music and enjoy touring for reasons other than money

This is a really weird poll.
Are you excited about something that will happen coupled with something that probably won't happen where you live
VS
Are you excited about something that almost definitely won't happen in the next year coupled with something that probably won't happen where you live.
I know there is no new Maiden album and tour announced yet. The first post of this thread says that the poll assumes that Maiden will have a new album and tour in 2024 or 2025. I think that's a safe assumption and doesn't make the poll "weird".

If the assumption turns out to be wrong, no big deal; go ahead and laugh at me. At least people got to talk about how they feel about Bruce's solo work vs. Maiden these days.

Last edited:
If the guys in Maiden didn’t enjoy writing/recording new music or tour around the world, they would not be doing it now. So of course they are still enjoying it.

They could have retired in 2009 and still keep their comfortable lifestyle. But no, they enjoy it so much that they have played 460 shows and recorded three albums since then. Some members have even recorded music and played live shows with their own bands as well. Of course the tickets and merchandise cost alot for us regular people, the guys want some money, but it also cost alot to pay for travel, crew, equipment etc.

Since there is no official news about a new Maiden album, I'm definitely looking towards The Mandrake Project (if thats the album name?). Believe it or not, I very recently started digging more into Bruce's solo works, earlier I just saw Tears Of The Dragon music video and that was it! I gotta say, Accident Of Birth and The Chemical Wedding are both super solid albums! Tyranny Of Souls is the only one I haven't checked out yet. I dunno what is the lineup for the upcoming album... will Adrian be in it? Bruce's solo music sounds a lot different to that of Maiden's, after listening to the above 2 albums (which even have Adrian Smith in them) I wonder why Maiden didn't go in that direction, I mean look at the riffing here:

Definitely their trademark sound is what defines them but if you're gonna ask me, personally I'd prefer more of this style rather than more epic songs with those two minutes long intros (which has been a convention since reunion) when there's an Iron Maiden album coming. That would be like No Prayer For The Dying but with actually a better production and still keeping the experimental elements intact. Possibility is narrow but I like to fancy the idea.

Bruce's solo music sounds a lot different to that of Maiden's, after listening to the above 2 albums (which even have Adrian Smith in them) I wonder why Maiden didn't go in that direction...

Definitely their trademark sound is what defines them but if you're gonna ask me, personally I'd prefer more of this style rather than more epic songs with those two minutes long intros (which has been a convention since reunion) when there's an Iron Maiden album coming. That would be like No Prayer For The Dying but with actually a better production and still keeping the experimental elements intact.
A heavier and ''different'' sound for Maiden like Bruce's solo albums would have been kind of fitting for them in 1990, but TCW is too atypical for Maiden. They have their trademark sound and have perfected it since the Reunion (long intros, epic songs, lots of different melodies and parts). That being said, the production of TCW/AOB would have been great for the NPFTD album and both the songs and the album would have stood out more.

I know there is no new Maiden album and tour announced yet. The first post of this thread says that the poll assumes that Maiden will have a new album and tour in 2024 or 2025. I think that's a safe assumption and doesn't make the poll "weird".

If the assumption turns out to be wrong, no big deal; go ahead and laugh at me. At least people got to talk about how they feel about Bruce's solo work vs. Maiden these days.
"these days"????
When did Bruce last come out with a solo album or single for that matter?
Who knows what quality music Bruce will come up with these days???

From his appearances in the Maiden live shows, it seems he has become quite odd and quirky lately. Will that be reflected in his recent solo work?

"these days"????
When did Bruce last come out with a solo album or single for that matter?
Who knows what quality music Bruce will come up with these days???

From his appearances in the Maiden live shows, it seems he has become quite odd and quirky lately. Will that be reflected in his recent solo work?
“These days” was placed after “Maiden”, thus referring to Maiden. You seem determined to $#!+ on this thread for some reason. Hope you enjoy some new music from either party.

“These days” was placed after “Maiden”, thus referring to Maiden. You seem determined to $#!+ on this thread for some reason. Hope you enjoy some new music from either party.
Sorry, what?? You want to compare Maiden now against Bruce of 18 years ago and use the term "these days" but only implicitly relate that to Maiden.

Anyway, I find the question very weird, and I find the thread very weird. It's total fantasy stuff, and devoid from actual reality. It's not comparing apples with apples.

Personally if, in imaginary land, both Bruce and Iron Maiden were to put out respective albums tomorrow, I'd be excited about both.
If I only had the money to purchase one, well, I'd listen to both of them on Youtube for free and maybe I'd buy one or both or none depending on whether I like them.
If you are asking which one I'd load up first into my browser, it would probably be Iron Maiden, but it depends on the excitement each team is able to generate prior to the release. But ultimately it doesn't matter which one I'd listen to first, it would just be a matter of minutes.
In reality they would never release an album on the same day, that would be very poor form.

In contrast, I'm not eager to listen to a new British Lion album, and I would like to listen to a new album by Adrian Smith but I wouldn't be as eager as an Iron Maiden or Bruce Dickinson album.

I have just put on a full Maiden live show, Rio 2019. Doctor Doctor excited me more than I care to admit. It's surely one of the greatest build ups in ive music today. Best I've seen, anyway. Can you add a 'Doctor Doctor Live' option to this glorious poll?

I love Bruce's solo work, but not nearly as much as Iron Maiden's work.
Do you think Bruce's 90s albums with Roy Z and Adrian were better or worse than Maiden's 90s albums with Blaze? I love Maiden, but Bruce kicked their asses in that period. I would kind of like to visit an alternative reality where the Bruce-Roy Z-Adrian band continued for a few more albums. What incredible music we would have gotten, I think. But the reunion with Maiden was destiny.

Do you think Bruce's 90s albums with Roy Z and Adrian were better or worse than Maiden's 90s albums with Blaze? I love Maiden, but Bruce kicked their asses in that period. I would kind of like to visit an alternative reality where the Bruce-Roy Z-Adrian band continued for a few more albums. What incredible music we would have gotten, I think. But the reunion with Maiden was destiny.
Most bands in the 90's did better music than what Maiden did with Blaze, that's not setting the bar very high.

Back