What are you more excited about - New Maiden or Bruce? (Poll)

What are you more excited about?

• New Iron Maiden album and tour

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • New Bruce Dickinson album and tour

Votes: 33 42.3%

• Total voters
Considering one of these things is already a given fact and not speculation: the answer is Bruce.

I'm always excited to hear new Maiden tunes, but Senjutsu is still relatively fresh and I'd rather take 10-12 tracks of Bruce's voice being properly produced.

You call songs like Senjutsu, Stratego, Writing, Darkest Hour, Parchment, Hell On Earth ''creative spent''? No chance. Neither Maiden nor Bruce have lost the magic imo.
The bolded ones are duds but that's just my opinion. I think they make new music to stave off the "cabaret act" label rather than because they have a burning desire to do so. Which is fine, but I'm not expecting anything mindblowing from them anymore.

I think they make new music to stave off the "cabaret act" label rather than because they have a burning desire to do so.
Interesting take. I find it highly unlikely.
I can't see them going through all that effort, to write, record, rehearse, tour, all just so people don't call them a cabaret act. Not a chance.

The last 2 albums have been 80 and 90mins long. On each tour they have played 30 odd mins of the new material and a lot of it fairly complicated. That's not the sign of a band going through the motions or simply ticking boxes.

I think its far more likely that they are musicians who still love to create new music and they have slowed down that process due to their age and the desire to have fun on the retro tours in between album tours.

I believe that there is no confirmation either way. Personally I'd be surprised if he didn't have something to do with it, a writing credit here or there at least.
I'd be surprised if he were involved with it, since he had no involvement in Tyranny Of Souls when he didn't have any solo stuff going on at the time, and between then and now he's been much more active on the solo front with Primal Rock Rebellion and Smith/Kotzen.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Adrian involved with Bruce's new album, but I seriously doubt he's part of the picture this time.

I'd be surprised if he were involved with it
I hear ya, Jer, baby, I really do. I also just have a feeling the the boy Smith will be keen. The Bruce project thing possibly represents an avenue for Smith to express himself more fully on guitar in a metallic way than Maiden or his other band does and I just have a feeling that this would appeal to him. Or would have appealed to him over recent years. Pure guess and speculation, of course.

I'll always be more excited about new Iron Maiden stuff than new [insert literally anything here]. They are my sole GOATs, after all. But that's not to say that I'm not excited for this new Bruce release. Hell, I'd even look forward for him to land somehwere near me on an album tour.

Last edited:
Wait. Considering the fact that one (Bruce) is already a reality, the obvious answer is new Maiden. This way we get both!:applause:

I'll always be more excited about new Iron Maiden stuff than new [insert literally anything here]. They are my sole GOATs, after all
This is what it comes down to for me. I'm really excited for some new Bruce but I think the jury is still out in a lot of ways. Tyranny of Souls was a good album but it had side project written all over it. Production/recording style, lack of a coherent theme, no Adrian, and the amount of filler all resulted in quite a different experience compared to AOB/Chemical Wedding. Maiden is still the main project, so I question how much care and dedication went into this project compared to when he was fully solo.

Despite all the whining around here about Bruce taking a long time to finish the album, I think it's actually a pretty good sign that Bruce took his time with it. Instead of quickly putting something together while Maiden was on a break, it seems like he's been slowly crafting something. Also. If Eternity Should Fail is one of the best Maiden songs in recent years and better than anything on Tyranny of Souls, if it's an indication of the new album's quality then we're in for a treat.

So I'm cautiously optimistic about the new album. With that being said, the only recent Maiden album that I find Tyranny of Souls to be stronger than is Dance of Death (and even then they're pretty close to on par with each other). Senjutsu could crack my top 5 Maiden albums and Book of Souls was a really solid effort as well, so obviously I don't see them as being nearly as creatively bankrupt as others here do. If Iron Maiden announced a new album tomorrow, I would be more excited about it.

Yah this is not close. As exciting as a spic-n-span album from our own Bruce Bruce has me today, fresh Maiden is next level emotional commotion. For this aging hipster anyway.

Personally, just on the sole basis that I have yet to experience the release of a new Bruce album and solo tour, I'm more excited for that. But that's purely based on the fact that there's no new Maiden album on the horizon.

This is what it comes down to for me. I'm really excited for some new Bruce but I think the jury is still out in a lot of ways. Tyranny of Souls was a good album but it had side project written all over it. Production/recording style, lack of a coherent theme, no Adrian, and the amount of filler all resulted in quite a different experience compared to AOB/Chemical Wedding. Maiden is still the main project, so I question how much care and dedication went into this project compared to when he was fully solo.

Despite all the whining around here about Bruce taking a long time to finish the album, I think it's actually a pretty good sign that Bruce took his time with it. Instead of quickly putting something together while Maiden was on a break, it seems like he's been slowly crafting something. Also. If Eternity Should Fail is one of the best Maiden songs in recent years and better than anything on Tyranny of Souls, if it's an indication of the new album's quality then we're in for a treat.

So I'm cautiously optimistic about the new album. With that being said, the only recent Maiden album that I find Tyranny of Souls to be stronger than is Dance of Death (and even then they're pretty close to on par with each other). Senjutsu could crack my top 5 Maiden albums and Book of Souls was a really solid effort as well, so obviously I don't see them as being nearly as creatively bankrupt as others here do. If Iron Maiden announced a new album tomorrow, I would be more excited about it.
But that's not to say that I'm not excited for this new Bruce release. Hell, I'd even look forward for him to land somehwere near me on an album tour.

A new Maiden album is always an event, and we all know what we get from them. And I hope they will do a tour with it as well, so I can finally say I have seen them three times before they are done.

New Bruce album…while I really like his vocals and he have some great stuff, I slightly expect something similar to Tyranny of souls and the Keith Olsen produced stuff he did many years ago. Doubt Adrian will be in his band, other than a few solos on the album and guest apperances, maybe only Roy Z will be the only guitar player in the band. However I hope I’m wrong. It will be nice to hear something new again, but nothing I will clear my day for like I do when Maiden release new album.

A cake now and then is nice to eat, but at the end of the day I prefer my daily bread

I agree, although I don't think If Eternity Should Fail is better than anything on TOS. As much as I like it, I don't think TOS is better than any Reunion era Maiden album. Maybe on par with one. Tyranny/Chemical/Accident can rival and are better than some Maiden albums though (a few ones imo).
With so much time, I think the new album will be really strong.
Bruce's of course. We all know deep down it is going to be so much better than his work with Maiden.
I don't think so. Btw, even the 80's albums? You know, Bruce can create a very solid album as a whole piece (with one or two ''weaker'' songs), but the level of some Maiden songs, especially since the Reunion - will never be matched imo. Maybe only with some certain songs.

I agree, although I don't think If Eternity Should Fail is better than anything on TOS. As much as I like it, I don't think TOS is better than any Reunion era Maiden album. Maybe on par with one. Tyranny/Chemical/Accident can rival and are better than some Maiden albums though (a few ones imo).
With so much time, I think the new album will be really strong.

I don't think so. Btw, even the 80's albums? You know, Bruce can create a very solid album as a whole piece (with one or two ''weaker'' songs), but the level of some Maiden songs, especially since the Reunion - will never be matched imo. Maybe only with some certain songs.
I think his last 3 albums are easy on the level of the 80s Maiden albums. Also light years ahead of what they did post reunion

Back