What are the IM-related items that you've bought but never listen to/watch/use?

I am currently at my desk, at work, wearing a Somewhere Back In Time tour shirt. I am a manager within a large IT consultancy. Lots of metal fans here, so I get more compliments than grief. Actually helped forge a couple of new friendships with people that I wouldn't normally interact with.

This is actually a little sad to me. I’m 38 years old and still wear my band shirts and even some video game shirts such as “The witcher.” And I wear them to work. Most folks around me dress business casual (khakis, polos) and I’ll run meetings and give presentations complete with a Fear of the Dark shirt on. No one has ever said anything except for the occasional “cool shirt, I saw Maiden in 76 with Boston!” Or some other cute but obviously incorrect comment. I just wear what’s comfortable and if people take issue (which rarely if ever happens) then I know who to ignore. I wore my Number of the Beast shirt when I acted as chaperone to my son’s middle school field trip to a local college.

Edit: I'm re-reading my post and really hope it doesn't come across as "I wear what I want, I'm better, nyah!" That wasn't my intention.

No, I didn't take it that way at all . Yeah, it sucks as it's all contextual. If I'm a at work conference in San Francisco and I wear a Maiden shirt for the casual sessions, no one cares, nor does anyone care if I'm out and about in the Bay Area in general. But in my local area (I'm about two hours north of Sacramento), it's been a pain. I wore a Maiden shirt one time to my son's football (soccer in American vernacular) practice and one of the other parents complained to the coach that I was a bad influence on the children because of it (no joke). Mind you, it was a frickin' plain "logo only" Maiden shirt (no Eddie - I was being mindful!). I've also had comments at other random innocuous locations.

It's hilarious to me because I look like a geek - with a wife, two kids, no tats, and a minivan...but I guess a t-shirt makes me Satan :grumble:

My signed Bruce Dickinson "What Does This Button Do" book is safely packed away to keep it safe. Have never pulled it out since I read it.

Attachments

• 23116890_10214300922427076_4463054657516330065_o.jpg
    23116890_10214300922427076_4463054657516330065_o.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 5
Calm down, Cried, a dick joke won't run you over.
Hows this for the most pointless, unusable, brilliant Maiden piece of tat.....

Its a toilet roll. With me and Steve Harris on it. It says "better than a butt plug?"
I did not buy it for myself but I'm glad I have it. Probably never use it.

upload_2018-8-17_9-52-3.png

Listening to Alive at the Marquee today, I realize that I have very seldom listened to Alive in Studio A, both of which are sold together.

I usually tend to avoid interaction with people in Maiden t-shirts, as they in my experience are either men approaching soft middle age or kids who write imaginary lyrics for imaginary albums by the band.
About half of the people here in an Iron Maiden shirt are kids wearing it ironically.

About half of the people here in an Iron Maiden shirt are kids wearing it ironically.
Same here, I'd guess. I oft approach people in Maiden shirts in bars, part of the family and all. But the last person I approached clearly bought it just because. It went like this...
"Nice tee-shirt, Maiden are brilliant."
"What?"
"Maiden. Class band. Did ye see them the other night?"
"What?"
"Art thou a fan of Iron Maiden?"
"Who?"
"Go fuck yourself."

Same here, I'd guess. I oft approach people in Maiden shirts in bars, part of the family and all. But the last person I approached clearly bought it just because. It went like this...
"Nice tee-shirt, Maiden are brilliant."
"What?"
"Maiden. Class band. Did ye see them the other night?"
"What?"
"Art thou a fan of Iron Maiden?"
"Who?"
"Go fuck yourself."
Did you leave the part out where out took his shirt for yourself and handed him a Nickelback tee instead? Don't leave out vital information.

If Niall's giving out free Nickelback shirts then I'll take one.

(Just don't let that guy from college see me :ninja:)

To be fair, I would actually pay for Nickleback, just to hear that good song. Well, ok, maybe I wouldn't pay but I would happily attend. Maybe.

When it comes to "woman gets revenge on wife-beating man" songs, you can't do better than "Sealed with a Fist" by Exodus.

Also my X Factor vinyl came in yesterday and today should be my Virtual XI Vinyl. I now have all 80s and 90s albums on Vinyl. So close!

The entire Silver Side Up album is brilliant. That was one of my gateways into heavy metal.

Back