What are the IM-related items that you've bought but never listen to/watch/use?

I actually have the vinyl for The Book of Souls and Powerslave (a friend found them in good condition at a yard sale). I do not own a record player.

I've never used the shot glass and ring from Eddie's archive,original blue.
I play the picture disc collection over the original '80's records as it's more fun.

I keep eddies archive and all the maiden cds (and Bruce and blaze solo) for sentimental reasons but gave away all my other maiden stuff including the signed photo

I have all the albums up to X Factor as vinyl LP:s. I have all studio albums (and some live albums) as CD:s. I have VHS:s up to Raising Hell and at least 5 dvds from later times.

I mostly listen from Spotify and watch from Youtube.

Like the debut album signed by Dennis Wilcock for instance? :D

I genuinely have the first album signed by Bruce and Adrian (as well as Steve and Dave)

1091139.jpg

A few things such as picture discs, which are in storage or just as display pieces. Some cds I never play such as Dance Of Death, Or very rarely

I don't wear most of my Maiden shirts. I will at concerts, but I would feel a bit odd rocking the NOTB shirt (in the family minivan) whilst picking up my daughter from ballet class.

Influence, credibility, and stereotypes.

Wearing a band shirt, particularly a metal one like a Maiden shirt, usually means it requires more effort on my part to convince people that I'm (hopefully) a normal/nice guy. When I was younger, I didn't care. Now that my non-working time is usually interacting with & influencing my kids' teachers, coaches, friends' parents etc...my life is easier with age appropriate clothing - especially meeting people for the first time. I just don't have time for comments or extra unwanted attention.

(unfortunately I live in a very conservative rural area...)

Now if I'm heading down to the pub, or to a concert or the movies or something...that's different.

Wearing a band shirt, particularly a metal one like a Maiden shirt, usually means it requires more effort on my part to convince people that I'm (hopefully) a normal/nice guy. When I was younger, I didn't care. Now that my non-working time is usually interacting with & influencing my kids' teachers, coaches, friends' parents etc...my life is easier with age appropriate clothing - especially meeting people for the first time. I just don't have time for comments or extra unwanted attention.

Oh, that sucks, man. Not a life-changing thing or anything, but those things really make me appreciate that Maiden shirts are ok, even considered as generally very cool, in even more or less formal occasions around here.

I don't wear my Maiden shirts either too much. That's because they are already too mainstream here. I want to be different.

I have a few things: 1st edition of the Eddie’s Archive. The first vinyl box set from 1980-1988. I’m working on the second box now. The original “Best is the Beast” 2 cd set with hardback book and cardboard sleeve. Two unwrapped Eddie figures, one from Killers the other from PoM. Empire of the Clouds Pic disk. Speed of Light CD single. Numerous posters and tapestries. Every Official DVD release including “Raising Hell,” which isn’t even in their website. The complete set of remastered 1998 CDs (but not the Eddie’s Head boxset sadly.) I think that’s about it. I tend to just rip or download their music nowadays to listen to so I can leave my physical collection untouched.

Now if I'm heading down to the pub, or to a concert or the movies or something...that's different.

This is actually a little sad to me. I’m 38 years old and still wear my band shirts and even some video game shirts such as “The witcher.” And I wear them to work. Most folks around me dress business casual (khakis, polos) and I’ll run meetings and give presentations complete with a Fear of the Dark shirt on. No one has ever said anything except for the occasional “cool shirt, I saw Maiden in 76 with Boston!” Or some other cute but obviously incorrect comment. I just wear what’s comfortable and if people take issue (which rarely if ever happens) then I know who to ignore. I wore my Number of the Beast shirt when I acted as chaperone to my son’s middle school field trip to a local college.

Edit: I'm re-reading my post and really hope it doesn't come across as "I wear what I want, I'm better, nyah!" That wasn't my intention.

Last edited:
This is actually a little sad to me. I’m 38 years old and still wear my band shirts and even some video game shirts such as “The witcher.” And I wear them to work. Most folks around me dress business casual (khakis, polos) and I’ll run meetings and give presentations complete with a Fear of the Dark shirt on. No one has ever said anything except for the occasional “cool shirt, I saw Maiden in 76 with Boston!” Or some other cute but obviously incorrect comment. I just wear what’s comfortable and if people take issue (which rarely if ever happens) then I know who to ignore. I wore my Number of the Beast shirt when I acted as chaperone to my son’s middle school field trip to a local college.
I always wear a metal shirt on Fridays. I wear a polo most of the time at work, but out of work, band shirts 99% of the time (the remaining 1% are wrestling shirts).

I cut down on my wearing of band t-shirts after some prick picked on me in college for coming in with a Maiden t-shirt on every day.

Back