What album do you have the most copies of?

Ascendingthethrone

Ancient Mariner
I have been sorting out my music collection today and I was having a look at which albums I have multiple copies of. Here are my top 5.

1. Dance of Death. Original CD, Remastered 2015 CD, DVD Audio and 2017 vinyl reissue.
  2. Senjutsu. CD, book CD, vinyl and box set (the latter I snagged for £12 last year!)
  3. Powerslave. 1998 CD, 2014 vinyl and 1986 original.
  4. A Matter of Life and Death. 2017 vinyl, 2015 remaster CD and original CD/DVD.
  5. The Number of the Beast. 1998 CD, 2014 vinyl and 2022 40th anniversary.
It’s been nice having a look through the collection again. What albums do you multiples of? Do you have a reason for having them?

I think the only one I have multiple copies of is Powerslave, and that's because the first copy I bought was the remaster that moved the intro to Powerslave to the end of Back in the Village.

I have 6 different editions of The Chemical Wedding, and also 6 different editions of The Number of the Beast.

I own both VXI and AMOLAD twice each. Not really interested in collecting different editions or versions.

I think it has to be Number of the Beast, just going off memory:

- EMI original vinyl
- Capitol original vinyl
- 2014 vinyl reissue
- 2022 40th anniversary w/BOH vinyl
- 80s Capitol CD
- Castle records 2CD version
- 2015 CD reissue (box with Eddie figurine)

I would like to get my hands on a Japanese copy with Total Eclipse and I also missed out on the picture discs, after that I think I am set. :D

I’m not really a NOTB completionist necessarily, I’m mostly interested in any variants across the Maiden discography, I would love to complete the set with any other Maiden album but naturally I guess Beast is the easiest to get. Not sure I have more than 3 of any other album though.

Probably Senjutsu:
Box set
Red marble vinyl
Deluxe CD

All my other Maiden albums are just two copies each: one CD and one vinyl.

I think it’s many ties, with either cassette & vinyl or 2 vinyls or 2 CDs or iTunes + CD

Cassette /Vinyl
Iron Maiden
Killers
TNOTB
SIT
SSOTSS

2 Vinyls
No Prayer for the Dying (red +black)

2 CDs
The Final Frontier (aluminum box +normal)

iTunes +CD
The Book of Souls
Senjutsu
  • The VXI is the one album I’ve never bought in any format
  • NPftD is the one album I’ve purchased the most except the 2 vinyls for me I offered it as a present to various friends. 89 -90 was the peak of my Maidenfan-ness.

I think it’s many ties, with either cassette & vinyl or 2 vinyls or 2 CDs or iTunes + CD

Cassette /Vinyl
Iron Maiden
Killers
TNOTB
SIT
SSOTSS

2 Vinyls
No Prayer for the Dying (red +black)

2 CDs
The Final Frontier (aluminum box +normal)

iTunes +CD
The Book of Souls
Senjutsu
  • The VXI is the one album I’ve never bought in any format
  • NPftD is the one album I’ve purchased the most except the 2 vinyls for me I offered it as a present to various friends. 89 -90 was the peak of my Maidenfan-ness.
I recently offloaded my aluminium case copy of TFF. It was falling apart and I hated how tacky it looked. I’m going to replace it with the digipak version.

Regarding singles :
Run to the hills/2 minutes to midnight: 12 different versions
The clairvoyant: 10 different versions

Regarding albums:
Piece of Mind: 12 different versions
The Final Frontier: 10 different versions

Out of curiosity, what are the differences among them? I’m assuming at least the original CD, the remaster w/bonus tracks, a vinyl copy, etc?
I can think of three different vinyl versions, couldn’t guess the sixth copy though. Maybe an original Japanese CD with bonus tracks? Not sure if that exists.

For Bruce Dickinson I own exactly three copies of each album besides Tyranny and Mandrake. The original CD, remaster with bonus tracks, and the 2017 vinyl box. For Mandrake I have yet to buy a copy, but it’s on my to do list.

For Mandrake I have yet to buy a copy, but it’s on my to do list.
The vinyl is cool but I love the CD packaging. I don't really care about the Mandrake comic but its inclusion in the package takes me right back to my childhood libraries.

I like the idea of the comic and getting extra goodies with the physical copy, but I’m kidding myself if I think I am actually going to read it and care about the story (especially since the music hardly ties into it).

I will eventually buy the cd and vinyl though like the Dickinson simp I am.

Only have one copy of each offical studio/live/compilation on CD. Not a diehard collector, so I just replace copies if they are missing or damaged, or if there is new content worth buying, like the Bruce back catalouge in 2005. I was close to buying the 2015 remasters a while ago, but ended up buying my kids something nice instead.

Out of curiosity, what are the differences among them? I’m assuming at least the original CD, the remaster w/bonus tracks, a vinyl copy, etc?

The Number of the Beast

1982 UK LP
1982 Germany LP
Original UK CD
Original Dutch CD
1998 remastered enhanced CD
2012 picture disc LP

The Chemical Wedding

Original 1998 CD
Original 1998 Japanese CD
Promo CD
Remastered CD from 2005
2LP from the Soloworks box set
2LP picture disc

wtf
That is crazy, what differences are there between each release?
I know of the Venuzuelan version having the different cover, you must have that one?!
I have serveral copies of editions from different countries. I'm still looking for the Mexican edition, though.

And these include some bootlegs as well.

Back