WHAMAGEDDON *insert current year*

I don't know if it does count, but I got whammed by seeing the image and the name of the single on the french Top Singles website by surfing on it to see if I could eventually see Bruce's single... :facepalm:

I didn't hear Wham's song on the radio or somewhat, so it shouldn't count... :D

GotWhammedOrNot.jpg

For anyone still in, the following might be useful:
I promise neither of those playlists are boobytrapped: either with Wham or Rick Astley :ok:
Anyone wishing to avoid Mariah won't be safe with either, however ... :innocent:

wham-survived.jpg
Admittedly I did it by almost never going anywhere (by circumstances rather than design).

But - Whamageddon or no - Wham still made the Christmas Number One this year :blink:

I got Whammed yesterday when my sister-in-law started playing a holiday playlist during a video meeting. Such a tragedy.

Miraculously, I have not yet been Mariahed.

My wife actively Whammed our whole household because my 4 year old wanted to listen to Christmas music.

Yeah same here we went for Xmas dinner on Saturday the music was taken care by the wife retro Xmas songs Frank Sinatra kind of thing, I thought to say something about Whamageddon, unfortunately decided against, then the husband tries to put some music and fucks it all!
So disappointing to get whammed 2 days before the finish line and in an apartment too.

I won Whamageddon and am now enjoying “Last Christmas” to finish out my Christmas season.

Oddly enough I don’t think I ever heard the original in full before, only cover songs. I love George Michael but it’s so weird to hear him sing “I gev you my heart” and “to sev me from tears” lol.

Back