War starts as world parties

Zare said:
Bullshit. Russia could rampage through Eastern Europe, USA would only bark at the moon. They aren't prepared to start WW3 over "something over there" (from their point of view). Same thing if USA would invade Venezuela tommorow. RF would stand still.

Does Russia have a written alliance with Venezuela?  Because if Russia invaded a NATO country, I am pretty sure Article 5 would be invoked against the Russians.  At which point, we'd have to mix it up.  We wouldn't like it, but I think we'd have to do it.  Probably try diplomacy first, but I'd guess that'd only last a handful of days.

Forostar said:
Some people are aware of what's really happened.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Jesus Forostar, Sakashvilli fired the first bullet, four days after signing some peace treaty about Ossetia. He's an patological liar. Just look at all those CNN reports about "razings in Georgian citiies, attack on Tbilisi, etc...". None of it happened. Is your anti-Russian bias so strong that you fail to grasp commmon facts?

Does Russia have a written alliance with Venezuela?  Because if Russia invaded a NATO country, I am pretty sure Article 5 would be invoked against the Russians.  At which point, we'd have to mix it up.  We wouldn't like it, but I think we'd have to do it.  Probably try diplomacy first, but I'd guess that'd only last a handful of days.

Neither does NATO with Ukraine, for example. About the scenario i tend to think otherwise...let's hope that we don't find out who's right  ;)

I haven't wasted any screams, dreams or denials over this situation. So the help (from one side only) is now a measurement of rightness?

Zare, I find it very difficult to believe that every western news agency is wrong, and those controlled by Moscow are right.  I tend to believe the BBC above and beyond all other news sources.  I am certainly not going to disagree that there is exaggeration in the news.  But at the same time, the invasion of Georgia by Russia, no matter how precipitated, was certainly far more violent than necessary.

Also, I don't recall seeing on CNN that any Georgian towns were razed.

Back