• Brave New World

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Different World

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
Explain your vote, or Maverick will forcibly cut off all your hair.
And I mean ALL your hair. Not just the stuff on your head.
Yes, I'm volunteering Maverick to go shave some dude's back if necessary. You can thank me later, Mav.

I gotta go with "When Two Worlds Collide" - in addition to being a great song, it's the only song I know of with the word "declination" in the lyrics.

Honorable mention - in other words, a "world" song not by Iron Maiden - "A World Of Fantasy", by Triumph.

Brave new world is my choice. The only other song that's good in that list is Different World, but BNW is so much better.

Come shave my back if you want, SMX :wub:

Strange World, because of the good feelings that this song gives to me :)

Going outside Iron Maiden, I would choose Welcome To The World, by...ahem...a little known band named Psycho Motel  :innocent:

Blood on the World's Hands for me - reason, it has a great bass intro and drives along rather neatly throughout it's play.

Honourable non-Maiden gratuitous mention: Biomechanical - The Empires of the Worlds. ;)

Brave New World for me. The intro makes me so happy for unknown reasons. It's so damn beutiful. Bruce sings great, and the solos are nearly perfect. The vocal melodies makes me smile. In fact, I'm listening to it right now with a big smile on my face, so that's why it does it for me.

Hehe, not that simple as I've thought at the first look :) I've played them all and I am not sure. I shouldn't have listened to them and should have clicked Strange world. Well, my top five (of five? :) is

1. Strange World - I'm able to sing it and some time ago I was even able to play it on guitar
2. When Two Worlds Collide - I'm surprised by this - this one is really listenable.
3. Blood on the Worlds Hands - I like dark songs
4. Brave New World goes here
5. Oh dear, Different World is the last - and I thought this is their best album - oh my...

I chose "When Two Worlds Collide" because this is Blaze's best vocal performance in my opinion.

I was really torn between Brave New World and When Two Worlds Collide, but in the end Brave New World won. I just love the soft, melancholic, beautiful intro and the deep, relevant lyrics. I believe I went into greater detail in a different poll.

I also really like When Two Worlds Collide simply because of the build up to the climax, and the great sing-along chorus. I also think this is one of Blaze's best performances.

Those are all extremely good songs, but I think I'll have to go for "Blood On The Worlds Hands", if only for the chillingly apocalyptic bass solo (plus it's on The X Factor :p)... Strange World and Brave New World come in as a close second/third, though...

Blood on the World's Hands.  The whole atmosphere just emphasises the bleakness of the lyrics, and Blaze sounds pissed (off, obviously-no smart comments! :bigsmile:).  The bass intro is chilling, and the main riff is dark and heavy.  The whole song is brilliantly composed.  Honourable mentions to BNW and DW, though.

Non-Maiden mention?  Probably '...And Soon the World Will Cease to Be' by Amon Amarth.

Brave New World...just because Bruce came back!!  :yey:
By the way, the vocal performance is superb.
Great song...great album.

For a non-maiden song...I definitively choose "Kill In The Spirit World" which is in the best Sabbath album (in my opinion, because I don´t want to be controversial  :innocent:)....

Because everybody else is doing it, I'll say my favourite non-Maiden one would have to be "Warriors of the World" by Manowar :ok:

Cheese is good.

Conor said:
Because everybody else is doing it, I'll say my favourite non-Maiden one would have to be "Warriors of the World" by Manowar :ok:

Cheese is good.

But... what about Manowar's FIGHTING THE WORLD?!  <_<

I gave my vote to Blood On The World's Hands, because I love the ending and the 6/8 time structure.

Strange World, for the win. Its got to be my favourite 'slow' Maiden song, after Remember Tomorrow and Journeyman.

Honourable Mention goes to 'The Day the World Went Away' by Nine Inch Nails.

Brave New World.

EDIT: Because it gets me high emotionally and I love the solos.  I like 'Woman of the World' by Aerosmith.

SinisterMinisterX said:
....I gotta go with "When Two Worlds Collide" - in addition to being a great song, it's the only song I know of with the word "declination" in the lyrics...
Closed mouth

....well BNW of course!!
great melody, great lyrics, great title...
a song that symbolises a glorious come-back

Back