Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 3 3.7%

Votes: 4 4.9%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 17 21.0%

Votes: 17 21.0%

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters
This came out in 1999 or 2000. Supposedly Godspeed You Black Emperor simply made a field recording of this crazy guy on the street who called himself Blaise Bailey Finnegan and made a song around the recording and didn't know it was Maiden. Or at least that's their story.

I've been listening to virus today. Its definately worse than gangland, invaders, and tail gunner. Way worse. I cant see why some on here rate it so high. The intro is thoroughly boring. Simple and repetitive and goes for way too long. The chang in volume when the drums kick in briefly is irritating. The drum sound is aweful. The singing is cringy. When the song picks up it gets better but the chorus is yuck don't like the layering. This is such a bad song. So happy it didn't make it onto a studio album. If I were to be introducing someone to maiden I'd steer way clear of this.

Last edited:
This is a very good song. Great brutal riff, chorus and especially verses. The instrumental part is also good (although without any solos). The song has all parts in it (long intro, great melodies etc.... and even has a choir chant) that were essential during the Blaze era.

I like the short version a little bit more.

Back