Van Halen

Man...

About a year or so ago, a rumor started on VHND (Van Halen News Desk) that Eddie was having health issues and has been traveling between USA and Germany because of his treatment. When Dave Lee Roth was asked to shoot down reunion with Michael Anthony, he only replied "VH is over, the rest is on Eddie to say". Mind you, it was usually Eddie and Alex, but this time he only named Eddie. Unfortunately, Eddie never made a statement this came as a shock.

I remember watching Headbangers Journey by Samm Dunn back in '07 and seeing Eddie Van Halen footage. First question was "Wasn't this that JUMP guy?" Couple of months later, I deconstructed my guitar wanting to make Frankenstrat. THAT kind of impact his playing had on me.

He was and will probably be my favorite guitarist of all time, waaaay above everybody else. I still dreamed they would come to Europe, their last gig here was back in 1998 (and it were 4 dates only). Especially when "A Different Kind Of Truth" (loved that one!) came out I wished I could witness the magic Eddie does.

RIP EVH

Back