USA Politics

Most people in the US (and that is all that really counts here since it is about our laws) disagree with you. No one of importance is suggesting any kind of gun ban and such a ban is illegal ... I think we will just have to disagree here, we are going in circles.
I'd say Cried made an essential point...
I'm not asking you guys to say "ban 'em all". I'm saying ideally do you not think it would be better if you didn't have mass gun ownership? You don't have to believe this is possible. It's like saying "I don't support world piece because, let's face it, it ain't going to happen!" --so what? You don't then support piece for all? This is a nonsensical stance.
...which was unfortunately not answered (without changing the subject to non weapons).

As always, late to the convo, but just a couple of thoughts:

1. In all this talk about rights and priviledges and what not... Am I the only one who got chills and not in a good way while watching BPD in full riot gear and with K-9s basically barge into people's houses without warrants looking for this guy? CNN's Don Lemon said, "People are being compliant," Well no shit sherlock, most people have no idea what their rights are, much less when you have a gaggle of cops in riot gear and assault rifles at your door. I'm not condoning the actions of the bombers, not even close, but the BPD was far from a "good guy" in this.

2. Am I the only one who has the feeling, and not in a conspiracy theory kind of way, that the first suspect was murdered in the shoot out? I think BPD wanted these fuckers dead and the second got away and now in custody, but a lot can happen in shootout, including willingly killing the suspect.

Why do I mention the second point? Considering the resources available to law enforcement (riot gear, assault rifles, k-9s, thermo imagine helicopters, able to suspend and ignore basic civil rights, etc, etc, etc) v. what was available to the suspects, they could have just waited them out, let them go hungry and dehydrate a little bit. basically siege them. But no, shoot the fuckers ask questions later... how... wild west.

I'd say Cried made an essential point...

...which was unfortunately not answered (without changing the subject to non weapons).

I think I did answer this somewhere ... but it would be ideal that only legal guns existed, which would mean much less violence and law abiding citizens would not have their rights infringed upon. That would be my ideal.

Your ideal would be "only legal guns" & "much less violence"?! Yeh... that sounds really ideal. I wish we had partial world piece too.

It sounds ideal to me because I do not want to interfere with people who are not breaking the law and not causing harm to anyone else doing what they enjoy.

Well I'd say that the older brother got killed because he was tossing bombs and shooting at police, a pretty good combination to get your ass shot. And what do you know, these assholes were using illegal guns in the shootout. As far as I know these two had no previous criminal convictions,t he F.B.I. had spoken to the dead brother and said he wasn't a threat so I'm guessing they could've passed a background check to get a gun. Of course if you're going to use guns for illegal purposes you generally don't use registered ones as it tends to make it easier to find out who you are

Mexico possibly the world's most violent country. Strict gun law nobody is allowed to have them. So only the worst of the worst get them illegally (see operation fast& furious) Everybody else no way to defend yourself you're in danger and need protection? Call a cop (again operation fast &furious)yeah that will work in Mexico the cops will save you.(sarcasm)

For those of you who are interested, apparently Glen Beck has uncovered a government conspiracy regarding the marathon bombing and is giving the Obama administration until tomorrow to fess up or he going to spill the beans. He says the future of the U.S. is dependent upon what he is going to reveal. Personally I believe the future of our country would be better served if this jerk off took a long walk off a short bridge

Ahhh... spelling mistakes....

Point is: people who gain access to guns illegally (a point you guys keep raising) manage to do so because the US has a huge legal gun market. Do you not accept this? In countries (generally; I accept Mexico may be a different matter entirely) where legal gun ownership is incredibly tight (to the piont where literally nobody has firearms; & certainly not handguns, etc) everybody (normal folks & criminals) finds it more difficult to get their hands on firearms. Result? We have less gun crime.

Well you'd have to be blind or just stupid not to know that the U.S. has a huge legal gun market. The manufacturing and selling of firearms is a big business and a legal business I might add. But as been stated, the majority of criminal activities is not being committed with legal guns

Did you actually read my first sentence? o_O
(--you've literally just said what I said word-for-word.)
I know you have a "huge legal gun market". The size of this market is part of the problem.

Mexico possibly the world's most violent country. Strict gun law nobody is allowed to have them. So only the worst of the worst get them illegally (see operation fast& furious) Everybody else no way to defend yourself you're in danger and need protection? Call a cop (again operation fast &furious)yeah that will work in Mexico the cops will save you.(sarcasm)

Really? Mexico? The most violent country? Not Burma, Congo, Kenya, Sudan, Russia... hmm, good to know.

Did you actually read my first sentence? o_O
(--you've literally just said what I said word-for-word.)
I know you have a "huge legal gun market". The size of this market is part of the problem.

Does the amount of legal guns feed into the number of illegal guns ... sure.

But what does that mean, in a practical manner, other than authorities are not doing a good job on this. If all guns became illegal tomorrow I would predict not a ton of criminals would be in line to turn those guns in .. so it is still the problem of the authorities are doing a poor job

Damn, those Kinder chocolate eggs are really dangerous. Assault weapons? No problem. :nuts:
547935_450388848368659_1565660491_n.jpg

Back