USA Politics

The Stable Genius, yesterday: ISIS defeated in Syria, US military going home, well done boys.

The Stable Genius, today: Russia and Iran are mad because they'll have to fight ISIS in Syria without the US.

I'd also double check to see if Alaska is still where it were.

I read that too. Sounds like yesterday was about giving Vlad some Christmas presents.

Whether that's the driving influence or not, it's a good move to get out of Syria. Apparently Trump is cutting the amount of troops in Afghanistan in half as well, another good move. Mattis is almost certainly out because he objected to this.

The US intervention in Syria has stopped being strictly about ISIS a long time ago. The US clearly favored PYD over FSA during the latter's campaign to liberate towns located on the west of Euphrates, and turned a blind eye against PYD expanding its area of control to Arab-majority areas and ethnically cleansing the Arab and Turkmen population, which goes to show you that defeating ISIS isn't their only goal in the region.

Government set to shutdown for the 2nd time in the year. This time, Trump is being much more aggressive toward border wall funding. Makes sense, this is really the last shot at a wall and it's starting to look like this could cost him re-election. The question now, to me, is if border wall proponents will forgive him if he shuts down the government over it and still doesn't get his wall money. In other words, can he successfully blame Democrats for stiffing him on his marquee campaign promise?

This little fellows could go extinct if man builds such a barrier between Southern Texas and Mexico

jaguarundi_-565995483.jpg

How many "stolen jobs" is an one species worth?

Jaguarundi! I did read a public sector site that claims they haven't been positively identified in Texas for over a decade anyway, although hunting forums beg to disagree

In other words, can he successfully blame Democrats for stiffing him on his marquee campaign promise?
I'm sure the base is blaming the Dems, but with that lovely clip of Trump saying he'd be proud to own a shutdown circulating, not many others.

Back