USA Politics

The answer is yes; but I just wanted your take on it before I read your blog article.

Also, when are we penpal-ing?

I'm very ignorant of European politics and to be honest... don't know much more than the average person on my local (both U.S and Mexico) politics. My entries will stick to what I do know or if I think my opinion is well informed enough. As for the Pen paling, glad you bring it up, ASAP! my work schedule has stabilized and I know where the nearest post offices are so I can buy stamps and drop off fairly easily. PM me!

I think the media is the main reason for all the Trump hate on here. They are going after and intentionally attacking him at every chance they get, more than any other president in history and as a result, it makes it sound like he's so much worse than he actually is.

Have a look at this and see what you think.

Foxnews.com not a chance of clicking.
Trump spews hate when he opens that big fat lying mouth. I'll be the last one to defend CNN and the rest of US's lie machine but in Trump case it's a pot and kettle story.

I think the media is the main reason for all the Trump hate on here. They are going after and intentionally attacking him at every chance they get, more than any other president in history and as a result, it makes it sound like he's so much worse than he actually is.
Hey, it's not the media's fault that Trump makes easily disprovable or false statements, and that his policies (such as they are) have been jarring. I mean, the media didn't make him fire the FBI Director, for example, nor did they make him hire people co-opted by foreign governments. They didn't make him fail to pass Obamacare repeal, and they didn't make him alienate other countries. Sure, CNN's been gunning for him hard, but the man's spurious relationship with the truth started it.

Fox News is getting worse and worse every day, becoming more and more of a propaganda wing of a party rather than a viable news source.

The fact is that Americans (in general, certainly not in specific) are choosing the media they want now. If someone wants to have nothing but a Twitter feed full of attacks on Trump for every little thing, they can choose that. And if they want nothing but a constant screaming radio station decrying the evil of liberals, they can have that too. I mean, Travis is living proof of it. He wants Trump to be good, so he finds the media that supports that and chooses to believe it, while discarding the rest. This doesn't apply to everyone in the USA, of course, but to a lot of people on "both" sides.

It makes me very happy to live in a country that regulates what news is.

the man's spurious relationship with the truth
:D
It makes me very happy to live in a country that regulates what news is.
How does that exactly work? The government has a team monitoring (official?) news stations? I'm pretty worried how people only listen to and read the stuff they like (via some channel or site; yes this happens in the whole world), resulting in being ignorant about certain matters. They get more critical on the things they don't like and less critical on their favourite people and news sites.

How does that exactly work? The government has a team monitoring (official?) news stations? I'm pretty worried how people only listen to and read the stuff they like (via some channel or site; yes this happens in the whole world), resulting in being ignorant about certain matters. They get more critical on the things they don't like and less critical on their favourite people and news sites.
The CRTC has rules regulating what can be called news, most of which is very straight forward, but the one that was challenged recently was the requirement that information presented as news be presented without bias:

The CRTC said:
(1) It shall be the responsibility of broadcasters to ensure that news shall be represented with accuracy and without bias. Broadcasters shall satisfy themselves that the arrangements made for obtaining news ensure this result. They shall also ensure that news broadcasts are not editorial.

Broadcasts that do not follow these regulations can be removed from the airwaves. About 10 years ago, a news station called Sun News Network, operating in the same area as Fox News, attempted to circumvent this claiming it was restricting their freedom of speech; they were rejected. The station eventually folded due to lack of viewership.

Actually, I could really care less about Trump, but I just want to be sure that everyone on here is basing their opinions on Trump on UN-biased news and actual facts. Not sure exactly why I care about that and I keep saying that I really need to just let it go and for some reason, I keep coming back here and commenting on what I'm reading. I just need to accept the fact that most on here dislike Trump which isn't going to change and get the hell over it and move on and not worry at all about it.

I will agree that America could VERY VERY BADLY use something like the CRTC.

You might want to focus on yourself there first
No, I REALLY TRULY need to say fuck it all and not focus on any of it. But I can never seem to stick to that.

One guy becomes president and and does all of his stuff and everyone argues back and forth about him. Another guy becomes president and everyone does the same and so one. Life goes on and whatever, you know? So ya, fuck it all. Again, can I just stick to those thoughts?

Back