F1​
Hungary
F2​
Portugal
F3​
France
F4​
Germany

Here the Dutch selection... just "released"... unfortunately Hans Hateboer is not there. :( He has an injured foot. Nonetheless, this is a group with a lot of talent. Virgil van Dijk is not there. A big miss but I'm impressed by a lot of these others as well.

Goal (at this point it's still not sure who's the number one!): Krul (Norwich City), Stekelenburg (Ajax), Cillessen (Valencia) Marco Bizot (AZ)

Defense: De Ligt (Juventus), De Vrij (Inter), Aké (Manchester City), Dumfries (PSV), Blind (Ajax), Veltman (Brighton), Timber (Ajax), Wijndal (AZ), Van Aanholt (Crystal Palace)

Midfield: Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona), Wijnaldum (Liverpool), Klaassen (Ajax), Gravenberch (Ajax), De Roon (Atalanta), Van de Beek (Manchester United), Koopmeiners (AZ)

Attack: Berghuis (Feyenoord), Weghorst (Wolfsburg), Depay (Olympique Lyonnais), Luuk de Jong (Sevilla), Promes (Spartak Moskou), Malen (PSV), Gakpo (PSV)

Frank de Boer is the first Oranje coach who takes two teenagers to an end tournament; Ryan Gravenberch (19) and Jurriën Timber (19). Gakpo (22) never played for the national squad but made a strong impression in Jong Oranje.

Daley Blind recovers from an ankle injury. Blind, Maarten Stekelenburg, Tim Krul, Jasper Cillessen, Luuk de Jong, Stefan de Vrij, Memphis Depay, Georginio Wijnaldum and Joël Veltman already experienced an end tournament.

So, what are your (thoughts on the) selections of your country or/and other countries?

Last edited:
Will they allow to have people inside the stadiums? I'm worried about the hooligans and thousands of supporters traveling trough these countries. I think is not safe yet.

There was supposed to be 4 games in Dublin, but because we haven't allowed people back into stadiums yet the games got moved to different cities.

Just to mention that as usual, I'll be rooting for Italy. My daughter's favourite is Finland, so that's going to be interesting. I'm also hoping Germany will do well because someone has to support them.

Just to mention that as usual, I'll be rooting for Italy. My daughter's favourite is Finland, so that's going to be interesting. I'm also hoping Germany will do well because someone has to support them.
I've been a Germany fan since I was 8 but it's interesting to finally see Finland in the tournament. I'm really looking forward to this.

Hard to symphatize with Germany (supporters). I like the Germans, but never football wise, because of.... history. For the Dutch it is simply the nation to not like much (often the least, although Portugal and Italy could be hated more nowadays, as opponents), in football. The Germans usually do not support the Netherlands either, football wise.

Looking at their group, I think I will also support Finland.

Last edited:
2f1179a2cc04545b08c111454cff1376.gif

I have a dissertation to finish, so I doubt I'll be watching much of this. I also don't think I'm supporting any particular team.

Cillessen has Covid (tested positive last week) and today De Boer decided to not take him to the tournament!
He rather takes 3 goalkeepers without Covid than 2 plus one of which he is not sure when he will be Covid-free .... Today is the final day for giving the list of players (with their numbers) to UEFA.

Last edited:
Finland finally managed to qualify into the tournament, so we'll see... Realistically, a solid performance and "die with your boots on" mentality is enough to make us more or less content. Can't expect too much, but there's some firepower in the form of Pukki, so with a solid defence they might pull a surprise or two, as the Group B probably isn't the toughest one there.

Then again, I know basically nothing about football.

Last edited:
Looking forward to a rematch of the Winter War. 16 June is the date. Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia.

edit:

Meanwhile, here are the squad numbers for "Oranje".

1622644278558.png

Last edited:
For Dutch speakers Team "Oranje" is pun heaven. :lol:

Edit: after I posted this, I got an ad from phone provider Orange. Do you fit in our team? :lol:

Back