UEFA EURO 2020 (2021)

The pressure was too much for the English penalty takers. Two of them came on two minutes before full time, just to take penalties. And why let a 19 year old take the last one?

Why couldn't e.g. Shaw take a penalty? A player who must have been confident. Or Grealish?

Anyway, congrats Italy. They were the better side in the match and all in all I think they deserved it more.

Italy were the best team in the tournament anyway. They were the closest team to playing to the best of their abilites throughout the tournament. I'm an armchair Napoli fan so delighted for Insigne, Di Lorenzo and Jorginho.

Southgate to blame for England. Very cautious formations, 7 defenders in most matches. Took substitutes who came on back off in two games. Put players on specifically to take penalties, he was trying to make it all about his tactical decisions.

Last edited:
England will be one of the favorites in the next World Championships. They've done well in recent years and they've got lots of young talent. As a Germany fan, I'm not looking very positively at their future.

Back